Wish 'Notes' area in Axe-Edit

rhizome

I would like an area in Axe-Edit where I can jot down notes for each preset. I like making notes to indicate how I like to use each preset, or document some ideas about how the preset could be improved for future experimentation. It could be configured as a text window below the 'controllers' section.

+1
And.. I would like to have a note area for Blocks, Cabs, etc..
Maybe a Ctrl-Click on a block to bring up options including notes.

This (and meta data in general) has been requested more than once. Done right, it could ease the chore of housekeeping among your presets and cabs, and it would be a coup in the industry. Done wrong, it could be a logistical nightmare. I think this could be tricky to implement, which may be one reason we haven't seen it yet.

Meanwhile, spreadsheets and notes are your friends. :)

This (and meta data in general) has been requested more than once. Done right, it could ease the chore of housekeeping among your presets and cabs, and it would be a coup in the industry. Done wrong, it could be a logistical nightmare. I think this could be tricky to implement, which may be one reason we haven't seen it yet.

Meanwhile, spreadsheets and notes are your friends. :)
There's not enough memory in the AxeFx... So it should be stored on your computer... then what about synchronisation ? It would be a developer's nightmare ;)

IMO, best way is to make your own FileMaker database and use Al's utility to load up presets from within FileMaker.
Not *that* difficult either, and you can add as much info fields later on as you go.
You can probably even choose if you want the presets to be stored outside or inside the database.

Not sure if there's a way to open a preset from such a database into Axe-Edit too.
If the preset auto-opens in Axe-Edit, there is no problem; and to load it into the Axe, Al's utility has command parameters.

Back
Top Bottom