Not Getting Gapless Switching of Presets with 8.00

vika12

Experienced
I have upgraded to 8.00 and I have followed the instructions so that my setup is set to "ALL" under Gapless Changes. The Scenes do change gaplessly.

However, changes from Preset to Preset have a very noticeable delay (gap).

Any advice on how to fix this or have I done something incorrectly or omitted something?

Thank you.

i think you have to enable SPILLOVER as well according to release notes

Gapless Preset/Scene/Channel Switching​

A new parameter SETUP > Global Settings > Config > Gapless Changes has three settings: Off, Channel & Scene, and “All” (Preset, Scene, Channel). Note that channel switching speed has been improved in general even with this setting turned off. For preset changes to use the new gapless switching, two conditions must be met:
  • Setup > Global Settings > Config > Spillover must be set to “ALL”
  • Your presets must be saved under firmware 8.x or newer. You can do this manually in any of the usual ways or use the automatic utility in: SETUP > Utilities > Preset > Upgrade All Presets.
    IMPORTANT: Saving a preset under 8.x makes it incompatible with previous firmware versions!
    Use Fractal-Bot to make a backup first in case you ever revert to an older firmware. Make backups!

I have upgraded to 8.00 and I have followed the instructions so that my setup is set to "ALL" under Gapless Changes. The Scenes do change gaplessly.

However, changes from Preset to Preset have a very noticeable delay (gap).

Any advice on how to fix this or have I done something incorrectly or omitted something?

Thank you.
you need to save all presets. use the utility mentioned above.

I did save all presets per the instructions. I will re-save and also try the spillover to "ALL" ...

Back
Top Bottom