Power amp $1000
speaker cab $500
Expression pedal (wah) $100
Expression pedal (vol) $100
Pedal board $300
Rack mount case $200
Cables $200
total $5,650

Did I miss anything? Is there anything else that would be needed?

Rsuccess

Is this a shopping list for a touring rig, local band weekend gig rig, bedroom player, recording session rig?

Any back up pieces being considered?

More info please

Your prices and "required" items seem a bit excessive to me...

What type of amplification needs require a $1000 power amp ? That type of money buys some serious wattage... are you playing at home, touring, or what ? A $300 set of studio monitor speakers like KRK's may be all you need

Do you really need a $300 pedal board ? I just sit my MFC on the stage and plug my EXP pedals in next to it. A $300 board for 2 pedals seems a bit much....

What type of cables are you buying that it will cost $200 in cable ? Some rip-off Monster brand stuff ? High quality ProCo, HOSA etc can do a whole rig for $50

You whole post is a bit vague really about what you might be "missing" as we have no details.

You don't need half of it, while at the same time, if your on a national tour I could see advantages to a 2nd Axe unit

Mine looked more like:

Axe fx II - $2200
FCB 1010 controller - $150
4u Rack - $85
Yamaha DXR powered speaker - $550
Cables - $100

Total - $3085

It really all comes down to your own need/wants/budget. I think Mastermind makes a controller for $1800, but I get by just fine with my $150, second-hand Behringher controller.

What's needed?

Fractal Audio $2500
Controller $ 750
Power amp $1000
speaker cab $500
Pedal board $300
Rack mount case $200
Cables $200
total $5,650

A guitar? Seriously, without knowing what you already have and what you plan on doing with this stuff smart ass responses are about all we can offer here :)

No you also need a third expression pedal! Your list pretty much sums it all up. Only some things you mention are on high side cost wise. Not sure what you want to say with your post. Yes, the total package is not cheap, maybe more expensive than a real amp plus some pedals (depending how many you 'need'), but it's worth it....

Last edited:
For me:
AxeFX $2300
MFC $750
Used Ernie ball pedals with new pots 2X $60
Pedal board (plywood +Velcro) $15
Power amp (Matrix) $600
Existing 4x12s (already had)
Case from craigslist $100
$3885

My setup & costs:
AxeFX2:........................................$2,300
Used FCB-1010 with Eureka Chip:...$ 125
Power Amp (GTDaudio M-2500).......$ 100
Used 6 unit Gator rack case w/
Monster Audio Power Conditioner.....$ 100
Used KRK K-Rok Monitors................$ 150
ATH-M30 headphones......................$ 75
Re-used pedal board from last
Rig built from 3/4" plywood..............$ 75
Cables............................................$ 100

I am very happy with my setup for recording and occasional friends coming over to jam.

Last edited:
if you're touring, you want to do it once and do it right. the list seems reasonable leaning toward the spendy side, and only if you don't already have some of those items already as previous purchases (most people have good cables, a pedal board or case, a rack, a decent power amp, speaker cab, some kind of MIDI controller, etc.). Also, many people fund the purchases with sales of no-longer-needed items (tuners, stomps, rack effects) replaced by the AxeFx to help mitigate the costs.

Otherwise, for touring or if you're an active pro who gigs a lot in general, a quality custom rack mount patch bay for quick setup/disconnect would be appropriate, such as these by Vafam Sound:

Vafam Sound - Connector Adapters

Otherwise, if you're a weekend punter or home enthusiast, this list is clearly over the top unless it is your main squeeze hobby and you have the funds to buy nothing but the best of each item. $200 each for rack and cables is living large for most people. You're entering the territory of full-blown flight cases for a 4 space rack at $200 these days. Most typical racks are somewhere around $100-150.

What's needed?

Fractal Audio $2500
Controller $ 750
Power amp $1000
speaker cab $500
Pedal board $300
Rack mount case $200
Cables $200
total $5,650

Rsuccess
some prices may be a little off and you can go volume and wah with one pedal if you use a toe switch. Also not sure which power amp you are using that it costs that much but you pretty much have it all right

Back
Top Bottom