"not an indication of any larger issue or impending failure"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly how I feel about the whole thing.
I wish I can afford to bail out of work during the business hour, drive to a UPS store, ship it, wait, and take a day off to sign for the delivery.
Thank you for your thoughts (opinion), notalemming!

Exactly how I feel about the whole thing.
I wish I can afford to bail out of work during the business hour, drive to a UPS store, ship it, wait, and take a day off to sign for the delivery.
Thank you for your thoughts (opinion), notalemming!
Well, I would have no way of knowing any of that would be an issue. Can't you have UPS pick it up form work & have it delivered there when it's done?

No I don't agree. That is an issue. I'd send it back 100x if I had to. Screen flciker could be quite a few things. It could the the screen, ribbon cable, gpu, power delivery, firmware. Who knows? Not me. So I'd send it back.

It’s an issue. Yes. Is it indicating something larger? No. The screen is not working right and that’s it. Send it back because of the screen, not something larger.

Now we're talking!
I felt the same so let them know real fast but they wanted me to ship it out to them again or take $25 store credit.
Now what would you do?
Now you're talking, indeed!

Fractal offered to either fix it or give you a $25 credit. Sounds fair.

As for their opinion that it doesn't indicate a larger issue, Fractal's opinion is better informed than the opinion of any forum member.

What would I do? That depends on how much I was bothered by those lines. Only you can answer that

I would take that quote as reassurance that I can still safely use my Axe FX.

But I would be thoroughly annoyed and irritated enough to get it fixed.

You know, when I have qc issues I always bend over backwards to try and resolve them quietly as to not hurt the manufacturer I purchased from. Maybe that’s just me. I’m going thru a QC issue right now and no one knows about it because I don’t want the manufacturer to get negative press over anything. Shit slips by sometimes. I’m sure FAS will make this right for you.

Hello all,

Here's some background which I feel should be part of this conversation for the benefit of both participants and onlookers: this unit was months out of warranty and we still chose to service it at no charge as a courtesy. As with all new parts, we tested the unit with its new display and it was in perfect working order when we shipped it. It is possible that it was damaged during shipping or after it was received.

After we were contacted about the new problem, we offered to service the unit again at zero cost to the customer, as we always would when any relevant problem occurs within 30 days of warranty service. As an alternative, we offered store credit (MORE THAN $25!) as a consolation should the customer wish to keep it as it was. I am told that the customer insisted on having BOTH options: free service and credit (here's where the $25 number comes from).

As we left it last, there was an open offer in our support conversation to continue this discussion. For whatever reason, this thread appeared here instead. We will stick to our original generous offer. By the way, our expert techs DO maintain that the issue as shown is unlikely to worsen. We strive to offer courteous, personable and reasonable service. We may bend over backwards, but we will not bend over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom