"not an indication of any larger issue or impending failure"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems isolated to the screen. So yes I agree with the statement. If you want the screen replaced, that’s a different request than the quote you put.

Seems isolated to the screen. So yes I agree with the statement. If you want the screen replaced, that’s a different request than the quote you put.
Different request, like warranty? By the way, that's the replacement screen. That's how it came back from the FAS.

I've already said it, chris. Opinions. No hidden agenda. Thank you very much.
I’m honestly confused. You asked a question in the first post and said you had a screen replaced in the second. I’m still not sure what you’re trying to say.

I’m honestly confused. You asked a question in the first post and said you had a screen replaced in the second. I’m still not sure what you’re trying to say.
You won't, the moment you stop thinking that I'm trying to say something here, because I'm not saying anything, rather listening.

The best opinion you could get would be from Fractal support. We would all be guessing.
There's no best/worst opinion. I just wanted to hear what other people are thinking. I've already got FAS's opinion on this. That's why I want to hear from other Forum members.

There's no best/worst opinion. I just wanted to hear what other people are thinking. I've already got FAS's opinion on this. That's why I want to hear from other Forum members.
Well, it could have been misdiagnosed by Fractal. Nobody is perfect but they are far more qualified to offer an opinion than guys on an internet forum, no matter how knowledgeable some are.

I’m thinking you sent a unit to Fractal for repair, are unhappy with the results, and now you’re reacting with some kind of obtuse passive aggressiveness.
Yes, I did send it to FAS. yes, I'm unhappy. No, I'm not reacting with some kind of "obtuse" passive-aggressiveness. This forum had nothing to do with the result.

Well, it could have been misdiagnosed by Fractal. Nobody is perfect but they are far more qualified to offer an opinion than guys on an internet forum, no matter how knowledgeable some are.
Of course, FAS knows the best, yet not perfect, so the misdiagnosis as you saw in the first post. I'm not questioning anybody's qualifications here.
I just wanted to hear what other members feel about these White Lines going across on the screen.
Would you agree with the statement in the subject, if it was your screen?

Of course, FAS knows the best, yet not perfect, so the misdiagnosis as you saw in the first post. I'm not questioning anybody's qualifications here.
I just wanted to hear what other members feel about these White Lines going across on the screen.
Would you agree with the statement in the subject, if it was your screen?
If it was my axe, I would be in touch with Fractal tech support real fast, especially if they had already replaced the screen but that's just me. They may very well tell you to open it up & reseat the cable. Having them tell you to do that will save your warranty (if you have one) but doing it on your own may void it.

Now we're talking!
I felt the same so let them know real fast but they wanted me to ship it out to them again or take $25 store credit.
Now what would you do?

Now we're talking!
I felt the same so let them know real fast but they wanted me to ship it out to them again or take $25 store credit.
Now what would you do?
Seeing as how you are not too far from them, I would send it back & get it fixed right. Depending what is wrong, it might end up failing on a gig. Even if it's only the screen going blank, not a good thing to happen on a gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom