[Not a Bug] CA3+ "sweep volume" when changing amp channel...

Roby Rocks

Inspired
Vendor
Hi.
This is a strange thing that I noticed during last live.
When I change the tipe of amp from CA3+ Lead to CA3+ Clean the transition is not instantaneous but with a sort of "volume sweep".
This happens ONLY when I go FROM CA3+ Lead TO CA3+ Clean !!!
on live concert for me is a problem because this eats the attack of the first note..
Here the video demo (with a continuous synth) and the preset file.

The preset was already cleaned.
All block are Reset (CMD+I).

Attachments

• EMPTY.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
What firmware?

The "stock" answer is to use 2 Amp blocks if you need seamless changes, but the latest beta has some improvements so you might want to check it out.
Firmware 19.06 as you can see.
There is only one Amp Block.
The only thing that change is the block Channel

Firmware 19.06 as you can see.
There is only one Amp Block.
The only thing that change is the block Channel
I didn't watch the video so didn't catch the FW version.

I understand there's only 1 Amp block, which is why I said the normal solution to getting seamless amp changes is to use 2 Amp blocks.

Ok. So is it a bug?
I can’t use Amp2 because is already in use for other

So… is it possible to fix?
Thanks.

Ok. So is it a bug?
I can’t use Amp2 because is already in use for other

So… is it possible to fix?
Thanks.
I don't work for Fractal so I can't say.

Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Did you try FW20 beta to see if the issue still exists?

I'm in COVID isolation so I can't access my Axe Fx to test.

When changing channels parameters have to change smoothly to prevent pops. If you need instantaneous changes use two amp blocks and the multiplexer block.
Ok. But my question is: why does it happens only when I switch from CA3 Lead to CA3 Clean????
As you can see from the video this doesn’t happen for example when I switch from Rhythm to Clean or from and to other amp sim

Thanks 🙏

Last edited:
Ok. But my question is: why does it happens only when I switch from CA3 Lead to CA3 Clean????
As you can see from the video this doesn’t happen for example when I switch from Rhythm to Clean or from and to other amp sim

Thanks 🙏

I've tested this kind of thing, and I've found that it's very dependent on which two models you're switching between. I'm obsessed with the gapless potential of the unit, so I'm always using the Multiplexer and Scene Controllers (with modifiers set to ensure fastest possible switching), and I can always get gapless switches between two models, and, as long as I'm only changing the values of parameters that allow for the attachment of modifiers, wildly different tones in the same model. But my guess is, between particular pairs of different models, the circuitry under the hood can be just different enough where just using a Channel change is unavoidably going to take a moment to load. I think that's the price of the level of realism we have here; there's only so much of a gap you can avoid. I know in my tests, e.g., switching between the Archon Clean and the 5150 Block Letter was really really fast. Something about that pairing just switches really well, but I think you'd have to be one of the guys here who really understands the amps at a granular level to know why.

I've tested this kind of thing, and I've found that it's very dependent on which two models you're switching between. I'm obsessed with the gapless potential of the unit, so I'm always using the Multiplexer and Scene Controllers (with modifiers set to ensure fastest possible switching), and I can always get gapless switches between two models, and, as long as I'm only changing the values of parameters that allow for the attachment of modifiers, wildly different tones in the same model. But my guess is, between particular pairs of different models, the circuitry under the hood can be just different enough where just using a Channel change is unavoidably going to take a moment to load. I think that's the price of the level of realism we have here; there's only so much of a gap you can avoid. I know in my tests, e.g., switching between the Archon Clean and the 5150 Block Letter was really really fast. Something about that pairing just switches really well, but I think you'd have to be one of the guys here who really understands the amps at a granular level to know why.
Thanks very much! This is a great and complete answer.
as I had already written I can’t use Amp2 because is used and full busy.

I really like the CA3+ Clean but the only solution is change it with another clean amp that has not this problem. I’ll search for it. 😉

Thanks to all.
😉😉😉

Thanks very much! This is a great and complete answer.
as I had already written I can’t use Amp2 because is used and full busy.

I really like the CA3+ Clean but the only solution is change it with another clean amp that has not this problem. I’ll search for it. 😉

Thanks to all.
😉😉😉

Also maybe try some other crunch models that might switch faster from the CA3+ Clean. Best of luck finding a good substitute either way!

Back
Top Bottom