Not a bug, but a suggestion...

Axeman

Experienced
I noticed that the global amp model can only be bypassed permanently across all presets. I think the global amp feature is fantastic, but I may have one preset where I'm working on a live amp and another that goes through an amp model and then monitors. I may be working on a preset with an amp and want the global model bypassed. When I switch to another preset, I may not want the same global amp model bypassed. It would be great to separate the global amp parameter feature from the global model bypass feature. In other words, I want to save the parameters across presets globally, but not have the same global model in the same bypassed or not bypassed state across all the presets.

Anything I can do, or can this be done in a future firmware release?

Thank you.

Maybe my brain's set wrong today, but I couldn't decipher your post at all.

Are you sure you're not confusing "global amps" with "global power amp on/off", because one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Not your fault, I wasn't clear. Is there a global amp on/off setting? If so, I just plain missed it.

All I was trying to explain is that when I bypass an amp model that is based on a global amp setting, the bypass doesn't stay bypassed when I switch to another preset and come back to it. The global amp is always unbypassed when I come back to that preset. It only remains bypassed while I'm in the preset. The save doesn't stick like it does when the amp model is NOT a global preset. I want to use the global parameters, but I want the amp model bypass to be saved on some presets, and not be a global save.

I think Axeman's aware of that bug/feature (I found it before responding to one of his posts last week) but it's not of any use because the global # ends up bypassed in any preset using it.

Bakerman said:
I think Axeman's aware of that bug/feature (I found it before responding to one of his posts last week) but it's not of any use because the global # ends up bypassed in any preset using it.

Oh, I though that is what he was trying to do.

Thanks guys. Yes, that link is my problem. I want the bypass to NOT be saved globally with a global amp setting. I would like it to be different for every preset, but still have the other global functionality (amp parameters being global across presets). Hopefully a firmware update will fix it.

Back
Top Bottom