Northern45 on YouTube - axe-fx direct

gdgross

Experienced
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXSbHpczIks

Check it out peeps - lead guitar (me) is straight out of the axe-fx into the board. I think I was using something akin to scotts old XTC patch, but probably modified. If I remember that used the euro 2 model, right??

The other guitar is a real live amp (marshall 18W).

Sounds amazing. Really great band performance and video/sound quality!

I found that the rhythm tone of the PRS guy on the right side (viewer POV) was badass cool, but I guess that was the Marshall then? :(

Great overall sound but I have to say the rhythm guitar (PRS) tone is the one that catches my ear. Great spank! That's just a Marshall? :shock:

Don't you just hate it. :twisted:
I had the same in my band. I had the solo's and fills, working hard to not get in the rythm players way of strumming the chords, and the rythm player got the compliments on his tone. I even worked the chords out with him. :evil:

Great singer you've got there. I'm jealous.

Did they snip the solo short? Seems incomplete somehow. 9 bars. or 4 1/5 if you count half time. Not logical -> snipped.
Your tone could have used a smidgen more treble to my taste to cut a bit better, but that's the engineers fault I think. I love Scott's XTC's patch too.

BTW, you have a lovely Paul, but I gotta admit, I have the hots for those PRS's... Even more the Singlecut. Maybe one day I can afford one...

:D :D :D

Very nice! Your singer has great pipes! Did you use a different patch for your chord work and solo? If so your rhythm tone needs some work but that's just nitpicking. It's just that I know the Axe can be much better then that. Not a great Axe-Fx demo by any means but a great BAND demo. That's what it's all about anyway!! :D

man thats off the chain link fence !!.....that is definitely my style of music...when is the album gonna be finished..i want one.

rectifier said:
man thats off the chain link fence !!.....that is definitely my style of music...when is the album gonna be finished..i want one.
Thanks guys!

The "album" will be out sometime this summer. (We still need to track electric guitars, backing vocals, and any lead vocal doubles.) I use the quotes since it will only be 9 tunes, and we're not yet sure what we're going to do with it when it's finished. Right now we're just looking for exposure, so we're basically giving our stuff away at shows. We may do the same with the album; we're not yet sure. (Right now it's just a four song disc that we recorded in my ghetto home studio.)

As far as tone goes, I think I just stepped on a virtual OD box for the solo and the wah was set to autoengage. I'm normally not too fussy tonally, as long as I've got something roughly in the ballpark and not fizzy, I'm pretty happy.

I actually liked your tone better than the other guitarist. Your tone cuts better (you can hear it when the chords notes are arpeggiated). Great preformance. Now let the drummer out of the plexiglass cage!

moab said:
Now let the drummer out of the plexiglass cage!

Seriously. It's a drag for him and us, but this gig was at a church and most everything was all set up for us, including the cage...

I hate the cage, too. Especially in a big room where the drums can actually move some air and breathe, and this was a nice big room.

Back
Top Bottom