Northern CA Axe-Fx ll Summit?

jproxu

My buddy Tim and I would love to gather with our Axe-Fx ll neighbors from the central valley, bay area and anywhere within a couple hours drive from Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto for a tone creating/sharing summit. It would be great to share ideas and help each other master the potential of this amazing technology. Let me know if any of you neighbors are up for this? JP

Possibly interested. About to welcome a new kid in to the world so I have both time off in October, but yet no time. :)

Hey,

I'm between Sac and Tahoe, I'd be interested. I could bring a CLR and QCS K10's for eval.

Cheers, Mike

I live just outside Sacramento. I also have 2 CLR's I could bring. I'd be down for this.
What are we thinking as far as a location for this?

+1 but why not do it in the Bay Area? That is where the most users (myself included) by far reside (as far as I know). And you mentioned Central Valley and TRUE N.CA so the Bay Area is more centrally located.

I am in Mountain View. Would definitely be interested in being a part of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your responses. Now for some logistics... Due to gigs and day gigs, the best day would probably be a Sunday in October. We all would love to have this in our own back yard and some will travel farther than others. As you can see we have responses from Tahoe, Redding, Sacramento and the Bay Area. As much of a shit hole that Stockton has a reputation of being (there are good and bad areas in every town), it is centrally located and where the idea originated. I'm going to contact a couple of hotels there to see if we can get a large enough room and permission to be loud for several hours with screaming guitars. I was thinking of having each participant plug directly into a non EQ'd channel of our Behringer x32 digital console from the back of their Axe-Fx ll. The mixer will feed 2 active CLRs on stands. This would give all of us a flat response platform from which to design and share tones. We could also have everyone bring their own rigs to get a variety of "amp in the room" examples. Also bring a computer to run Axe Edit and have the latest firmware update installed.

Any other ideas are appreciated to help pull this off so that we all benefit. Having a variety of styles, genres, skill levels and personalities in one room could make this really fun, a clusterf#@k or a little of both. I suggest that we all come to this wanting to share the coolest things we've learned and practically used with the Axe-Fx ll. I'm hoping to share and receive tips and tricks for using the Axe-Fx ll in live settings since that seems to be the biggest challenge for those of us that play gigs regularly.

Thank all of you for your willingness to participate in this idea...

Respectfully,

JP

This is great. I'll paraphrase George Carlin who said "Who do you fantasize about when you masterbate, a movie star or someone you know, and I'd always pick someone I know because...This could happen!". I'll think about some ideas. Such as...

FRFR shoot-out - how many different wedges can we get people and/or vendors to bring
Poweramp shoot-out - Same concept with a couple of nice cabs
Quality video-taping for web posting

I agree that Stockton is a shithole. I would like to participate but I just don't think I'll have the time, whether it's in a shithole or not. Will anyone be able to tape it for progeny?

Back
Top Bottom