NORIUKY73 VIOLIN+ENSEMBLE (SIMEON PATCH TWEAKED )

Noriuky73

Power User
Hi Guys ,
I post a patch tweaked from the gorgeous Violin patch v13 by Simeon

I had various request so I prefer to open a new thread

Here it is

Axe-Change - Download Preset - N73 Violin+Ensemble fw13 - by noriuky73

and this is how it sound

I copy my explanation of the purpose of 4 ?! VOL block in the patch from a PM with a forum fellow

the patch has one scene , my purpose was to achieve this beautiful sound from Simeon using if needed the Strings Ensemble at the same time

Thanks to Simeon always !!!

Rock 'n' Roll !!!!

"
3 of the 4 modifiers on VOL blocks uses internal controllers ... Now I'm back at work so I can't remember the name of the blocks but I remember the position in the greed

So the first one VOL is controlled by a ENVELOPE that tracks WHEN you pick the strings , this type of modifier is always on ... It's a way to sweet and put a little delay on the note attack to "hide the pick"

The second , after the RETURN block had inside an Internal controller , now ADSR1 ... Actually is the only volume present in the Simeon original Violin patch ... The purpose of the controller on the VOL block is again to tame the pick attack and simulate the violin attack

Now we have a split , on the 4th row there is the strings ensemble , in the 2nd and 3rd row there is the primal violin sound ( Violin SOLO )

Where the signal path splits we have another VOL block in 3rd row ( SOLO ) with an ENVELOPE as modifier just like the first one ... I suggest you to try and engage or disengage to ear the difference (actually very subtle ... ) right now I don't remember but I RECOMMEND to control the LEVEL OUTPUT of all this VOL to see where they are used also to increase / decrease signal in the path to achieve the right mix between the sounds

Last But not list the Vol in the 4th row is actually the only one who needs to be tracked by an external controller ... Right now I don't remember on what Ext Ctrl is hooked ... You should change to be tracked to your pedal ( PEDAL in the Axe itself of EXT PEDAL of your MIDI Controller )

So... Little resume

1st VOL ENVELOPE
2nd. ADSR
3rd. ( 3rd row ) ENVELOPE
4th EXTERNAL CONTROLLER

I suggest you if not familiar with controllers and modifiers to see the YOUTUBE video made by our forum fellow SIMEON HARRIS
He run a walk trough on HOW to setup various modifiers type to achieve different goals and sculpt your sound , soundscapes or whatever ... HIGLY RECOMMENDED ...
He is the master of this stuff on this forum IMHO

I WILL POST THIS DESCRIPTION on the forum ... I'm so bad with English language ... Remake a post like this May be a nightmare !!!
Regards
Noriuky73 "

No... It's my DAW that freeze for a milliseconds while playing ... Maybe was my awful soundcard

Or just the export from the daw ... Who knows ?

It was a little amusement while tweaking so I felt not necessary to fix

Unbelievable! :D

Can't wait to reassemble my rig and take this for a spin and study the preset and Simeon's video. :encouragement:

Unbelievable! :D

Can't wait to reassemble my rig and take this for a spin and study the preset. :encouragement:

Ohh Man !!!! You're so kind !
Thank you for your feedback and enjoy this beautiful creation ( always thanks to Simeon )

These are Excellent sounding modifications! Thanks for your effort sir. It is very much appreciated. :encouragement:

Thank You JOHNNYROCKIT ,

This forum is full of hidden gems ... Inside the Rabbit Hole !!!

Enjoy !!!

Every feedback or suggestion is always appreciated !

Fan-tas-teeeeek! And wow, that is the craziest preset layout I've ever seen. Thank you, guys!

Heh, check this out:

Last edited:
thanks a million for taking the time to reload it, however I still have the same issue. It must be on my end, but can I ask, are you just running a bog standard axe-fxII? I dont understand why its killing my machine :(

Thanks again

thanks a million for taking the time to reload it, however I still have the same issue. It must be on my end, but can I ask, are you just running a bog standard axe-fxII? I dont understand why its killing my machine :(

Which fw ?? I'm on 13.07 but it will works with every 13.xx I guess

Ok ... It seems gain staging problem ...
This clipping is constant or increases when you hit a string ?
If you stops the strings it stops or is like a loop ?

BTw Now we have to solve it ...

Put your axe output knob fully counterclockwise ...
Now hit the strings and look at the clip led on the Axe ... It's turning red of course ... Fine

Now tweak the very first 2 Volume Block in the chain ... Better is starting with the second ( at the very beginning of the 4th row after Rtn ) now decrease a little bit ... 2 db the volume of this block then hit the strings ... Still clipping ? If yes another drop of 2 db and look at the led ...
I think maximum the 3rd time you do this ( decreasing 6db ) fix it

Now hit the I/O on the Axe and scroll right pages to the meters ... Hit the strings and you will see how much you have reduced ...
Maybe better to re-increase a little the volume of the Vol block

When you listen to your violin , think that adding the ensemble with the Ext control may add some overall volume ...
I tweaked the patch to stay "constant" with the modifiers by ear so take in count that

Now it's time ... ENJOY

Back
Top Bottom