AFIII Noodling with the new dyna cab

Man, I don't know if it's your guitar or the way you dial in the amp, but your clips always have a bouncy quality to the low end that just rocks!

Preset please! View attachment 118762

Thanks Rock Chalk, only took me about 40 hours to get to this point. I basically had to learn what effect every component of the amp block does to get that "bounce". I still am fighting with the high b and e strings when using a pick, it's just too scratchy, but if I back off on the highs I lose definition in the lows, if you or anyone can figure something out I'd be might grateful.

Here you go.

Attachments

• IIIMk2-Lead Tone april 2 2023.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
Thanks Rock Chalk, only took me about 40 hours to get to this point. I basically had to learn what effect every component of the amp block does to get that "bounce". I still am fighting with the high b and e strings when using a pick, it's just too scratchy, but if I back off on the highs I lose definition in the lows, if you or anyone can figure something out I'd be might grateful.

Here you go.
Hey thanks man, I’ll give it a go!

Here you go.

Great tone and lick. Thank you for sharing it.

Interesting use of the GEQ at the end of the chain

High B and E strings do not sound scratchy here. I am using a RG550LTD with a Suhr Douch Aldrich bridge. But you could try increasing the Drive at the Vintage Preamp at the CAB block. That slightly smooths the highs

Great tone and lick. Thank you for sharing it.

Interesting use of the GEQ at the end of the chain

High B and E strings do not sound scratchy here. I am using a RG550LTD with a Suhr Douch Aldrich bridge. But you could try increasing the Drive at the Vintage Preamp at the CAB block. That slightly smooths the highs

Thanks for the feedback. If someone out there could do some fast alternate picking with this preset and their guitar, I'd be curious to hear it. I only have one guitar, so, maybe other pickups respond better. A simple lick like, 12th fret, 13th fret then 15th fret on the B, then same on the E, cycled a few times would tell me a lot. It's a 6 note lick, picked would be down, up, down- down, up, down- repeat. Its something like this that has been a problem with the Axe-Fx. It just sounds thin, I've heard this before about the Axe-Fx. It's fine for legato, or melodic style playing, but fast picking I can't get the tone right. If I tune for the high strings to be thicker then I lose low end clarity. Gotta figure this out.

Here you go.
I forgot to ask.....which scene are you using for the above clip?

I forgot to ask.....which scene are you using for the above clip?
I don't know. lol. I don't know about scenes yet. I know it goes by block as such- input, drive, amp, cab, cab, delay, reverb, eq, comp, out. I am away from the unit so going from memory. Pretty sure its scene 2.

I don't know. lol. I don't know about scenes yet. I know it goes by block as such- input, drive, amp, cab, cab, delay, reverb, eq, comp, out. I am away from the unit so going from memory. Pretty sure its scene 2.
No problem, just wondering since not all the scenes are using the same amp model.

Back
Top Bottom