Noob question before I update to FW10.

spbahm

I have live patches set already but I was going to get the new patches when I update. How do I keep from losing my live patches?

Any help for a newbie?

Backup your existing patches to the onboard backup FLASH. Install the new presets. You can then retrieve individual presets or the whole bank when desired.

wow.. how come that never occurred to me...
simple and brilliant...

I'll do that in the morning...

I had to do that last night,luckily I had done that awhile ago.I decided to clean up sysex librarian before I updated banks and they didn't save any where,even went into time machine.

Backup your existing patches to the onboard backup FLASH. Install the new presets. You can then retrieve individual presets or the whole bank when desired.

Cliff,

The manual states you can backup and restore entire banks to the onboard flash- but i am not seeing how to retrieve an individual preset from the flash backup?

Cliff,

The manual states you can backup and restore entire banks to the onboard flash- but i am not seeing how to retrieve an individual preset from the flash backup?

There are new options in the Utility menu. You can recall individual factory or user patches from FLASH. Select the desired patch and press Enter to load into the edit buffer.

There are new options in the Utility menu. You can recall individual factory or user patches from FLASH. Select the desired patch and press Enter to load into the edit buffer.

Cool. I was just wishing we had this feature. Didn't realize it was in there now. Thanks.

Which factory presets get recalled (i.e. from when)? Is it possible to refresh the factory presets stored in the flash to their v10 versions, so that using recall will bring you back to them?

I used this feature yesterday to redo my 60 preset. Works lovely. One question.

Is it possible to change the "fetch preset numbering" so that it matches the "Display offset" setting?
I.e. so that "fetch preset numbering" is starting with preset number 1 instead of 0?

Now I feel like an idiot for sitting at my computer for what seemed like forever last night, Loading about 80 patches from the new bank A to my Axe-Fx one at a time so I wouldn't wipe out my user patches by loading the entire bank at once (and all the time I was wishing it was possible to do it exactly like Cliff described above). :eek:ops

Last paragraph of the release notes:

Added Fetch Backup Patch and Fetch Factory Patch functions to Utility menu. These functions can be used to recall individual presets from backup or factory memory.

This is very helpful. I think I updated the patch list but not sure. I reloaded my patches then reset the amp by selecting another and then back to the original one. I have a big volume drop. What would cause this?

Back
Top Bottom