Noise from the Tempo and MIDI LEDs

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
When playing at home, there's always ticking noise coming through the outputs of my device, in sync with the Tempo LED (and MIDI LED when MIDI traffic is busy).

The tempo-synced noise disappears when I disable real-time sysex in Setup > MIDI/Remote.

Noise bleed-through through low-quality MIDI cables is a known problem, but this is different: the noise is still there when I disconnect all MIDI cables.

I've tried numerous very high quality cables (guitar and MIDI).

There's no noise when I disconnect my guitar cable.

So is it possible that the instrument PCB board isn't shielded as it should be?

Last edited:
When playing at home, there's always ticking noise coming through the outputs of my device, in sync with the Tempo LED (and MIDI LED when MIDI traffic is busy).

The tempo-synced noise disappears when I disable real-time sysex in Setup > MIDI/Remote.

Noise bleed-through through low-quality MIDI cables is a known problem, but this is different: the noise is still there when I disconnect all MIDI cables.

I've tried numerous very high quality cables (guitar and MIDI).

There's no noise when I disconnect my guitar cable.

So is it possible that the instrument PCB board isn't shielded as it should be?
If it happens at home only, I'd try to check all earthing connections of your rig, maybe tighten up the connections and/or change your multi power outlet if you use any of these, or bypass any power conditioner you might use and that does not have a "true bypass" on the neutral but uses power electronics in the neutral circuit that could affect insulation impedance between phase-neutral-earthing. If not...no clue

Edit : you might try also a bigger distance between your unit and your active monitoring device in case it's a coupling issue.

Last edited:
Try the rear input.
the-office-steve-carell.gif

Back
Top Bottom