no whats in V9.0 thread yet?

Currently it is called 8.02.

From the notes:

Added eight “scenes” to each preset. Each scene allows for different combinations of bypass states and X/Y state (if applicable) for the effects. For example, Scene 1 may have everything bypassed while Scene 2 has several effects engaged. Furthermore, Scene 3 may be identical to Scene 2 except that one or more blocks have a different X/Y state. Scenes allow the user to easily switch between various combinations of bypass and X/Y states within a given preset. Furthermore, switching scenes does not disturb the routing so spillover is unaffected. Additionally, each scene stores the output level independently allowing for different volumes between scenes. Scenes can be changed via MIDI CC. Additionally, the mapping mode allows mapping a PC message to not only a preset but also a given scene. Scenes can be manually selected when in the Layout or Recall menu using the ‘A’ Quick Control knob. NOTE: spillover may be affected if switching between X/Y states if drastically different algorithms exist between the two states. For example, if one scene has a Digital Delay and the next scene uses a Tape Delay, spillover will probably not function correctly as these modes use different algorithms.

The Global Bypass continuous controller parameter has been replaced with the Scene Select continuous controller parameter since Scene Select can accomplish everything Global Bypass could ever do. Note that using Scene Select in place of Global Bypass will probably select Scene #8 (if the CC has values of 0 or 127). Existing presets will have all blocks engaged in the new scenes so the operation should be identical to Global Bypass.

Sorry if I'm off-topic... How will be the scenes changed, on the MFC? Up and down switches? CCs?

Does this mean no dropout at all when going from clean to dirt? Because when I switch from one preset to another I have a lag, in other words I have to press the preset button ahead of time and have a small time of silence until the sound changes. And axe edit it NOT CONNECTED at the time of the dropout.

I would say yes. I pretty sure thats the point. I would imagine alot of X/Y changes could add some delay back in.

According to Matt, there is no latency in switching scenes since it is not actually having to reload/initialize blocks -- everything is still in memory. All it is doing is changing a few parameters in them (level, on/off), exactly as if you had set up a bunch of multi-purpose IA's.

Going from preset to preset means clearing memory and starting from scratch, loading ALL parameters for every block before it can make any sound, hence the latency.

TT

I've been using the MFC in general IA mode, having scenes will make it so I can switch to Axe mode and get all the LED's. Nice.

And this also means that we can control effects via midi without them needing to be on any of the IA switches? Also nice. (I know there are workarounds now but this should be much better!)

I was already excited about scenes, but I hadn't thought about all of the positive implications. I've never quite gotten along with the implementation of spillover delay in the axe. Scenes will finally make spillover usable for me.

This is huge! Thanks Cliff.

This sounds awesome, even if I can't conceptualize exactly how I will implement it yet. For one thing, no multiple patches per tune needed from what I'm gathering. The X/Y functionality is huge.

I think I'm missing something - please correct me but wouldn't the new scenes functionality make X/Y redundant? With scenes we will have A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H.

Back
Top Bottom