No sound from AxeFX Ultra with MFC-101

bchulse

Inspired
Hello,
Finally got 10.02 Firmware installed to AxeFX. Checked Firmware on MFC-101
and it's at 0.15. If I use Ultra without the MFC (Guitar to Ultra to Power Amp to
guitar Cab) everything is fine. When I connect MFC (via 5 pin midi cable, MFC Midi
out to AxeFX Midi In), the patch names show correctly in MFC display, Tuner & Tap
work ok, but I get no output from guitar cab. All cabling is exactly the same
(Axe mono out to Power Amp input 1, Amp Output 1 to cab). MFC changes patches
on Axe as it should, and input LED's are active. Just no output to amp/cab.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks
Brad

Try another MIDI cable. A similar thing happened to me where I was not getting sound from the Axe Fx, although the L/R outputs in the Utility menu were showing levels.

I switched the cable and everything worked fine after that.

You may also want to check settings like "copy output 1 to output 2" and other output related settings that may have been reset when (if?) you reset your system parameters in preparation for the initial MFC hookup.

In which order do you turn the units on?
I had a similar problem (A-Fx dead silent) when: midi cable connected-> A-Fx switched on -> FCB1010 switched on.
I then first switched on the FCB1010, then connected the cable, then switched on the A-Fx => no problem.
Don't ask me why...

Hmmm, I'll try different startup sequences too. I figured if everything
was plugged in prior to startup, it wouldn't make much difference,
but I've been wrong before...

Thanks

The MFC-101 defaults to Expression Pedal 1 on and mapped to Axe-Fx Input Volume. You need to either connect a pedal or remove the mapping.

FractalAudio said:
The MFC-101 defaults to Expression Pedal 1 on and mapped to Axe-Fx Input Volume. You need to either connect a pedal or remove the mapping.

+1

That's what happened to me. Had a few head scratching moments and then figured this out.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll try it tonight.
Haven't had a chance to try any of the suggestions since
my first post...

Back
Top Bottom