No Pedal Calibration with MFC

cellopet

Inspired
Hi. I'm am new to MFC and Axe Fx. I have all update to the last firmware, but i have a big problem with my EB pedal.I can't calibrate my controller, because in the Setup menu, the ENTER button won't flash red. it remains off. what is the problem?
Thanks

I`ve made a video tutorial for you ... excuse my bad english, but i hope it will help .... if your Ernie Ball (volume pedal?) has no dedicated stereo expression jack you have to use a Y-cable (2x Mono -> 1x Stereo). It could be that the tapper of the poti in your Ernie ball is not linear and so the pedal would not work as good as expression pedals, which have normally a linear tapper poti ...

Reactions: yek
Yes, i Know it's exactly what i do. But the when i go to the minimum level wuth parameter right, the ENTER button won't flash Red. It's always turned off!

Hi. I'm am new to MFC and Axe Fx. I have all update to the last firmware, but i have a big problem with my EB pedal.I can't calibrate my controller, because in the Setup menu, the ENTER button won't flash red. it remains off. what is the problem?
Thanks

How is your pedal connected? To XP1 rear? And are you sure you're using the correct cable = TSR (stereo)?

Last edited:
Have you tried doing a restore on the MFC to see if it clears it up? Power on with switch 11 pushed. Just tossing some thoughts out there...

How is your pedal connected? To XS1 rear? And are you sure you're using the correct cable = TSR (stereo)?

Cannot be the reason, i double checked it: Also with NO cables in the MFC, the red led shine on, when in the correct menu .... in the MIDI menu you can configure the MIN / MAX settings of the XPs as well. Looks on the screen identical to the Calibration menu in the SETUP menu .... but w/o the red led on the ENTER switch ..... but cellopet has confirme he is in SETUP menu ... (yes? Setup switch is lighting green? not the MIDI switch?) .....

i don`t know what`s goin`on ....

Cannot be the reason, i double checked it: Also with NO cables in the MFC, the red led shine on, when in the correct menu .... in the MIDI menu you can configure the MIN / MAX settings of the XPs as well. Looks on the screen identical to the Calibration menu in the SETUP menu .... but w/o the red led on the ENTER switch ..... but cellopet has confirme he is in SETUP menu ... (yes? Setup switch is lighting green? not the MIDI switch?) .....

i don`t know what`s goin`on ....

Yes, Setup menù...it won't flash...

I just tried a bunch of combinations with no pedals or cables and I cannot find a combo of settings where I do not get the red flash when I param right to the MIN slot. I would contact support. But before I would even consider sending it back I would definetly reinstall both firmwares and do a factory reset on the II just for peace of mind if nothing else. I have had firmware load successfully a couple times over the years only to find things not working properly and a reinstall and/or reset corrected it.

Thanks so much everyone. I'll try to reset another time everything and reinstall both firmware. Let's see what it happens.

Thanks so much everyone. I'll try to reset another time everything and reinstall both firmware. Let's see what it happens.

I have the same issue with two MOOG EP-2s; they are TRS. The MFC is using the latest firmware sent from the factory. I reset to factory settings, no dice, no blinking enter light, no response from the MFC even though the axe-fx recognizes both pedals as expression pedal 1, both pedals activate the wah. I updated the firmware of the MFC, no dice.

Please let me know how you resolved this issue.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have the same issue with two MOOG EP-2s; they are TRS. The MFC is using the latest firmware sent from the factory. I reset to factory settings, no dice, no blinking enter light, no response from the MFC even though the axe-fx recognizes both pedals as expression pedal 1, both pedals activate the wah. I updated the firmware of the MFC, no dice.

I cannot get my Axe to connect via Axe-edit so I cannot backup my settings changes, so I am reticent to reset the axe-fx too.

Please let me know how you resolved this issue.

Thanks

Just updated the Axe-FX II to firmware 7.0 released a few days ago and performed a factory reset as suggested. The enter light now blinks on the MFC and I can set the min and max values on each expression pedal. Everything is working as it should be and now, it's time to explore firmware 7.0 :)

Back
Top Bottom