No more sound, at all!

juliancs

Inspired
After updating to 6.08, my outputs are silent...no idea what to do. Input is bouncing as I play but my interface, and computer are getting nothing. Checked the I/O menu and the outputs are not doing anything. Am I being silly?

Please help, I need to play!

juliancs said:
Am I being silly?
just to check on that... the Bypass button isn't lit, is it? And even if it's not, toggle it anyway to double-check (has happened very very rarely in the past).

same problem here. Just upgraded to 6.08, input lights up, no output! Nothing, nada!

Please help!

Peace.

Might it be this:

Added Input Volume control. You can now adjust the input volume (using a pedal input or MIDI CC). Some people prefer adjusting the volume at the input as this mimics a volume pedal before an amp and allows effect tails to ring out. Be sure to check the setting of this on the I/O->CTRL page. Set to NONE to defeat.

^^
just checked - and it is. I remember Cliff sayin something about taking a look at something... :mrgreen:

small note: I think it did not work when I changed directly to 'none', I had to set it to pedal 2 or 1 first (yes, the old trick, like with the muted volume blocks w/ modifier), then to 'none', now it's alright.

Seb

er, ah..hmm, maybe the default should be None? just thinkin' out loud here ;)

Guess I need to read more carefully next time! :shock:

Peace.

I have a feeling Cliff was testing and that was how he had it configured. With all the new parameters it probably is difficult to reset all to some "safe" setting.

At least he put a note in the revision history and people here are pretty quick to respond.

Hehehe....sorry! I always read through the notes, but it was talking about pedals so I figured it didn't apply to me. Sorry folks :oops:

FractalAudio said:
READ THE RELEASE NOTES!

:lol: :lol:
I laughed when I read the "(dammit)" in the original thread, but now it's even more funny.
Maybe you should introduce some kind of 'splash screen' on first power-up after firmware update.
"Hey dude, better check your ctrl settings! No complaining!" ;)

Back
Top Bottom