No more FOR SALE or WANTED

On a side note, I originally learned about the AxeFX through a scammer. Back in 2015 he posted an AxeFX on a gear site and I did some research on the unit. Without this scammer, I wouldn't have an AxeFX3 today (bought at G66). But this outcome is all about the only happy scam story I know of.

Moderators; thanks for doing your due diligence and trying to keep us safe from scammers and identity theft. I just felt badly that within a day of posting a new item within For Sale, the closure signs went into effect. Although not sure about posting how we feel about this, I don't think that qualifies regards connecting actual sales or WTB's outside of the For Sale of Wanted sections. Am hoping that perhaps with new protocols and safeguards in place, the moderators will reopen both For Sale and Wanted sections.

Moderators; thanks for doing your due diligence and trying to keep us safe from scammers and identity theft. I just felt badly that within a day of posting a new item within For Sale, the closure signs went into effect. Although not sure about posting how we feel about this, I don't think that qualifies regards connecting actual sales or WTB's outside of the For Sale of Wanted sections. Am hoping that perhaps with new protocols and safeguards in place, the moderators will reopen both For Sale and Wanted sections.
LOL. I think you sold a PRS recently that I came VERY close to buying but had just purchased another one. I remember you and I exchanged messages about it..

The thing is is that buying from forum members that have been here for a long time and that you’ve probably interacted with in posts lowers the risk and increases the trust.

However if Fractal felt this was necessary then I’m good with it.

LOL. I think you sold a PRS recently that I came VERY close to buying but had just purchased another one. I remember you and I exchanged messages about it..

The thing is is that buying from forum members that have been here for a long time and that you’ve probably interacted with in posts lowers the risk and increases the trust.

However if Fractal felt this was necessary then I’m good with it.
Yup, but the guitar was something else, not the one we had messaged about. It was somewhat discouraging...within the same day of posting several times finally got it right; the plug was pulled on the For Sales and Wanted sections. Will just need to wait until someone commits to buy, which many take slightly longer than normal sales...

Hi,

Completely understandable.
Is there a way I can delete a for sale post? I have one in there that I don’t want to be there forever.

Thanks
Pauly
Due to a significant increase in scammers targeting our members, we have regrettably decided to close the FOR SALE and WANTED sections of this forum. We cannot allow our community to be subjected to these malicious activities.

Please refrain from posting FOR SALE or WANTED TO BUY threads in any other areas of this forum. If you come across such posts, we encourage you to report them for moderation.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Hate to see it, but it’s Fractal’s forum so it’s their prerogative to allow it or not. I respect their right to do what they think is best here.

The places you can sell privately without becoming “a business” are dwindling.

Wonder if the "tax" issue had anything to do with Fractal decision. It would be a legitimate concern for them if it was. Since I have ONLY purchased items on reverb, Ebay and Sweetwater I have no idea how aggressively new tax crap is enforced for sites that allow sales of merchandise.
I have no doubt fractal does not need that aggravation.

Last edited:
Without naming names, the straw that broke the camel's back was that a good long time member had his account compromised and used to execute a scam.

One thing that might change this is when XenForo grows to require a passkey or 2FA. As long as this can be optional around here, it will be, and we'll need to keep this system turned off.

Last edited:
Without naming names, the straw that broke the camel's back was that a good long time member had his account compromised and used to execute a scam.

One thing that might change this is when XenForo grows to require a passkey or 2FA. As long as this can be optional around here, it will be.
Ugh.
It's the humans again.

One thing that might change this is when XenForo grows to require a passkey or 2FA. As long as this can be optional around here, it will be, and we'll need to keep this system turned off.
Thanks for the clarification and reasoning behind the action. I'm sure I speak for many in expressing my thanks for keeping this forum a safe space to be. That extends to all who administer and moderate this forum. The care is really appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom