No more FOR SALE or WANTED

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Due to a significant increase in scammers targeting our members, we have regrettably decided to close the FOR SALE and WANTED sections of this forum. We cannot allow our community to be subjected to these malicious activities.

Please refrain from posting FOR SALE or WANTED TO BUY threads in any other areas of this forum. If you come across such posts, we encourage you to report them for moderation.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Just to add-Sadly I feel this will also affect Fractal Sales and not in a good way. Reason being many have done and do what I mention in post#3 above.

Bummer, but I appreciate you raising the drawbridge. I keep an eye on the off-topic / scam posts on the FB page, and remove blatant offenders. When offering items for sale, most people seem to be cross-posting by pointing to a Reverb listing, which is at least germane to the group and somewhat secure. Is there another / preferred sale channel? I know it's not Fractal's problem to solve, but curious about recommendations for those wanting to legitimately buy or sell their pre-owned gear.

Due to a significant increase in scammers targeting our members, we have regrettably decided to close the FOR SALE and WANTED sections of this forum. We cannot allow our community to be subjected to these malicious activities.

Please refrain from posting FOR SALE or WANTED TO BUY threads in any other areas of this forum. If you come across such posts, we encourage you to report them for moderation.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Crap ! I’ve actually bought some cool stuff from other members :(

EDIT - thought about it for a bit and I’ve bought 2 PRS’s, one Schecter 7-string and a Custom Shop ESP 5-string bass. And I’ve sold an AxeFX II, an AxeFX IIXL and an AxeFX III all as upgrades. All deals were to/with fellow members.

I’m bummed.

Last edited:
I know it's not Fractal's problem to solve, but curious about recommendations for those wanting to legitimately buy or sell their pre-owned gear.
Yeah it's definitely not and I'd guess they'd avoid recommending anything because for Fractal that seems all risk, no reward.

But the general landscape hasn't changed. Folks in the US can use Reverb, Sweetwater, eBay, FB, Craigslist, OfferUp, etc. with their varying levels of risk.

For the best. Fractal Audio doesn't need to hear about people being ripped off from ads posted on their own forums. Best to go with Reverb if you are looking to buy/sell used gear.
For the best for who? , here NO FEES and I ALWAYS sold and bought with members I knew of-period. Never had an issue. But it is what it is.
Guess I will be keeping my FM9 now. I have FM3 II Turbo also. Was thinking of selling my FM9 and getting the upgraded FM9-not anymore.

No need to sell on the forum, but someone could say "tomorrow at 3 PM EST I will be listing (whatever item) on eBay", so that forum members will have the first crack at it.

No, they cannot. Because that would be in violation of this request:

Yeah it's definitely not and I'd guess they'd avoid recommending anything because for Fractal that seems all risk, no reward.

But the general landscape hasn't changed. Folks in the US can use Reverb, Sweetwater, eBay, FB, Craigslist, OfferUp, etc. with their varying levels of risk.
Thanks! Sorry for the ambiguity. I should have clarified that I was asking other form users if they had recommendations, not seeking a statement from Fractal. For US sellers, I agree with your list. Reverb / Sweetwater / eBay are good options in terms of a degree of transaction security and user authentication.
No matter what option we choose, the fundamental question remains the same: does it djent? :p

Back
Top Bottom