No MFC = No Sound?

dandufour

Last night I decided to leave my MFC pedal at practice as I had a lot to carry
to the car and really didn't need it at home. When I plugged the Axe-FX in today
to my amp at home, I get no sound, not even when I connect the headphones.
Did I somehow set this up to work only with an MFC attached or is there something
really wrong and when I connect it next week to the MFC is it going to work?
I have not done any updates since I purchased it 4 months ago. Using Axe-FX II version 18.:cry:(

Perhaps you have expression pedals connected to your MFC that controls the output volume of your presets. If yes, volume is turned down now. As a workaround you should assign one of your quick control knobs to the same controller value. Then this knob "behaves" just like your volume expression pedal.

I do have an expression pedal controlling the volume. How do I assign the quick control knob to do this,
and when I do, do I need to do something different when I connect the MFC?

Even better option might be to set the controller initial value to 100%. That way you get full volume automatically if you disconnect pedals, and you don't need to do any tweaking when connecting the pedals again.

Last edited:
I/O: MIDI menu, Init Values are at the bottom of the list. Set value for the Ext Ctrl used by vol. block to 100%.

Perhaps you have expression pedals connected to your MFC that controls the output volume of your presets. If yes, volume is turned down now. As a workaround you should assign one of your quick control knobs to the same controller value. Then this knob "behaves" just like your volume expression pedal.

I'm not quite sure I follow what you mean. Can you explain?

Back
Top Bottom