No Input Signal

stacjackson

Hey all. I was hoping to get some expert opinions before submitting a support ticket.

I just received my new (b stock) XL+ today. It's taking the place of my Axe II.

I swapped everything out but left out the USB cable and MFC101 Mark II.

Played a few presets and everything was fine.

Plugged in the MFC101 with the ethercon cable and went to configure the MFC for the XLII+.

Changed the I/O settings on Axe-fxe for MFC etherlink and accidentalIy put it on faslink for a couple of seconds.

At this point the Axe started going through all of the presets, like it was changing them. Now there's no sound.

Figuring that the presets were corrupted, I loaded some new ones. Still no sound and no input signal.

Reset the Axe system perimeters, and removed the MFC. Still no input signal.

Thanks for any help you may have!

define "no input signal." if you go to the Utility Menu, Status Page, does the Input meter show signal on either the Front or Rear Input 1? Input 2? plug your guitar into the different inputs while looking at that Status page.

Input level status for both is 0. I'm also not getting any lights up front showing input level. This is how I first figured it was an input signal issue.

Thanks for helping me on this.

Yes it is.

As an update, I set all settings against my Axe II and also set my axe II back up and all original items are still working. LOL.

Still no input signal from XL+.

very strange? Even with a blank (Empty) preset, you should still show activity at the input LEDs as long as the 'Instrument In' setting is high enough.

i'm wondering if the mfc sent a value of zero on controller 10 or 11 (i can't remember which one it is for input level)

Update...
I turned on the Axe-fx this morning and the signal was back. I did nothing but turn it on.

Then I went to setup the MFC. All good.

I put several of my presets in 700 range and (forgetting the 300+ max for the Mark II) I scrolled with the front panel to one of them.

Then used the MFC to go up one preset. No input signal.

I shut everything down waited an hour and still no signal.

I have no idea what's going on.

Update...
I turned on the Axe-fx this morning and the signal was back. I did nothing but turn it on.

Then I went to setup the MFC. All good.

I put several of my presets in 700 range and (forgetting the 300+ max for the Mark II) I scrolled with the front panel to one of them.

Then used the MFC to go up one preset. No input signal.

I shut everything down waited an hour and still no signal.

I have no idea what's going on.

It sounds like you need to move those presets into the range the MFC can handle.

assuming the axe fx behaves normally when the mfc isn't plugged in (?), then it might be worth having a look at what midi messages the mfc putting out. with the axe connected to the computer via usb and the mfc connected to the axe, you can use a midi monitor to actually see what's going on. just google one for your platform (mac or win)

probably wouldn't hurt to reset the mfc, either and test it with the axefx again

Hi! I have almost the same thing happening with my XL+.

The instrument input doesn't give any input. The balanced input in the back does, but I want to play around with the impedance that only the instument input has. I'm using a regular Fender guitar cable. What can I do?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom