No control of amp in 4 cable method

pelachile

I am using an original Peavey 5150 and I am trying to use the 4 cable method. However, once I get everything set up none of the controls on my amp effect anything. Is this the expected behavior?

Do you have an 'Fx-Loop' block in the grid, where an Amp block and Cab block would normally be?

Okay. I am having an issue with either my FX loop on the 5150 or the with the Axe Fx. Super low volume lots of fizz

Pretty sure the default behavior is for it to turn on when there is a cable plugged into it. I don't have the foot switch for it though. I think it might be the 5150. I have the head cranked all the way and the Axe Fx cranked all the way and my ears aren't bleeding. Anything past 5 on the 5150 and windows start breaking.

I don't have the foot-switch. I have 2 hum buster cables. Getting a lot of pre amp noise and the volume is gone. It's like it's being run thru an attenuator or something. Noise gate in front of the FX Loop block does nothing.

I don't have the foot-switch. I have 2 hum buster cables. Getting a lot of pre amp noise and the volume is gone. It's like it's being run thru an attenuator or something. Noise gate in front of the FX Loop block does nothing.
Are the two 'Humbuster' cables on the Axe-Fx Outputs only? And are the TRS ends at the Axe-Fx side of the connection?

One Humbuster goes from the 5150 send to the Axe Fx Input 2 L with TRS. The other goes from the 5150 return to the Axe FX Output 1 L with TRS.

Back
Top Bottom