• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

NLD!

200.gif

Is that the new Alex Lifeson lefty?
Yessir. Already had to take it in for warranty service. Epiphone filed the 1st fret back to far at the high e string, so now when you press it down it lands in the slope rather than the flat part of the fret and it buzzes every time. Aside from that, it plays like a dream.

Yessir. Already had to take it in for warranty service. Epiphone filed the 1st fret back to far at the high e string, so now when you press it down it lands in the slope rather than the flat part of the fret and it buzzes every time. Aside from that, it plays like a dream.
Let's hope Epiphone's QC holds up for the duration. That's a really nice guitar...

@sprint Like that finnish! Some silver EVH graffiti would be sick!
It's pretty dark / sinister looking. I like the feel of the matt textured finish on my forearm. I may get some stainless silver Floyd saddle / string / nutclamp screws as a small upgrade and to add just a touch of visual variation. I'd v preferred maple fingerboard but leftys can't be choosers!

I'm quite pleasantly surprised by the lightish weight (7lb,9oz) as I had seen reviews indicating these are heavy (played my player strat for a while with weights strapped on to it before ordering this one to make sure I would not be bothered too much by 9+lb - surprise surprise though: sub 8lb).

Played it all day today - quite happy with it: comfortable, silky smooth neck, stays in tune with bar use, I can feel resonance through the body, JB is great (I knew it would be good to my ear as I have it in another guitar), split modes sound pretty stratty.

K, that's it - I have all the guitars I need now... .... .... ... ... cep for maybe a semi-hollow 335ish style ... ...🤔 🤪

Back
Top Bottom