NLD!

200.gif

Is that the new Alex Lifeson lefty?
Yessir. Already had to take it in for warranty service. Epiphone filed the 1st fret back to far at the high e string, so now when you press it down it lands in the slope rather than the flat part of the fret and it buzzes every time. Aside from that, it plays like a dream.

Yessir. Already had to take it in for warranty service. Epiphone filed the 1st fret back to far at the high e string, so now when you press it down it lands in the slope rather than the flat part of the fret and it buzzes every time. Aside from that, it plays like a dream.
Let's hope Epiphone's QC holds up for the duration. That's a really nice guitar...

@sprint Like that finnish! Some silver EVH graffiti would be sick!
It's pretty dark / sinister looking. I like the feel of the matt textured finish on my forearm. I may get some stainless silver Floyd saddle / string / nutclamp screws as a small upgrade and to add just a touch of visual variation. I'd v preferred maple fingerboard but leftys can't be choosers!

I'm quite pleasantly surprised by the lightish weight (7lb,9oz) as I had seen reviews indicating these are heavy (played my player strat for a while with weights strapped on to it before ordering this one to make sure I would not be bothered too much by 9+lb - surprise surprise though: sub 8lb).

Played it all day today - quite happy with it: comfortable, silky smooth neck, stays in tune with bar use, I can feel resonance through the body, JB is great (I knew it would be good to my ear as I have it in another guitar), split modes sound pretty stratty.

K, that's it - I have all the guitars I need now... .... .... ... ... cep for maybe a semi-hollow 335ish style ... ...🤔 🤪

Back
Top Bottom