NL12 Neolight ( 17lb ) are in stock ready for shipping

Will most likely place order tonight when I get home.

It really sounds wonderful!

Hello sir :)

That's me playing in the video. I can confirm that cab sims were definitely off when this was recorded. Didn't need to make any adjustments to the amp, and in fact, I usually use that clean preset direct to the PA most of the time, so all I did was switch off cab sims and it sounded great! These are great sounding cabs.

Thanks for the compliments on the tone as well :)

Hello sir :)

That's me playing in the video. I can confirm that cab sims were definitely off when this was recorded. Didn't need to make any adjustments to the amp, and in fact, I usually use that clean preset direct to the PA most of the time, so all I did was switch off cab sims and it sounded great! These are great sounding cabs.

Thanks for the compliments on the tone as well :)

I suspected this....
and like yourself, I didn't do much else beyond turn off the cab sims and calm some of the extreme highs via a GEQ

nice tones and playing btw... very nice indeed...

Awesome clips thanks guys I know in Toms video it said he was using the matrix 1000 and it sounded great so I am assuming the 1000 is perfect for it. I definitely want a good stereo sound would I be better off going with 2 1x12s or waiting for the 2x12 to come out. Also would it be enough to play with a band if I didn't have a way of running through a PA system say at a small bar or at a practice.

Awesome clips thanks guys I know in Toms video it said he was using the matrix 1000 and it sounded great so I am assuming the 1000 is perfect for it. I definitely want a good stereo sound would I be better off going with 2 1x12s or waiting for the 2x12 to come out. Also would it be enough to play with a band if I didn't have a way of running through a PA system say at a small bar or at a practice.

The 1x12 is definitely loud enough to gig with at a bar in my opinion, I thought there was plenty of headroom there when I tried it.

The 1x12 is definitely loud enough to gig with at a bar in my opinion, I thought there was plenty of headroom there when I tried it.

I will "bar" gig test it August 10!

I will be using the awesome Matrix Q12 this sat at a gig. My Q12 has been thoroughly "bar gig" tested and it has passed with flying colors!

I will be using the awesome Matrix Q12 this sat at a gig. My Q12 has been thoroughly "bar gig" tested and it has passed with flying colors!

Awesome, looking forward to the results!

This is really interesting. Why no driven sound samples? How's the dispersion?

If it’s not FRFR but you still use cab sims with it then do you have to compensate for it by tweaking or is it designed to work with cab sims?

unfortunately I couldn't get any vid clips when I was playing through the pair....
but driven and hi-gain tones sound great...

they're not FRFR... so they sound better with the cab sims off

lil' observation
I know some folk say that not being able to use the cab sims is a major disadvantage
but I didn't find that to be the case at all...
in fact... I quite like the uniformity of a single cab voice...
from a voicing angle it's like all your tones have something in common so there's a consistency..
and likewise I tend to do this with FRFR by using the same cab choices with all my tones
it's like you're coming from the same place...

This is really interesting. Why no driven sound samples?

Personally, because of the style of music I mostly play, I try to seek out clean examples of gear (especially when it comes to cabs, amps).

There are so many great overdrive pedals out there that you can get pretty much any overdriven tone you want out of an amp and a cab.

Cleans (whether digital or analog) -- is more difficult (IMO).

If I was physically able to lift and move heavy objects (I can't I lift anything heavy because of an injury - my Axe rack is right at my limit), I would purchase and use this amp and the 4x12 cab that is designed for it in a heartbeat

Welagen Musical Sound

Probably the best clean amp I have ever had the pleasure of playing --- just amazing.

And It was only a clone of the real Dumble SSS.

My next purchase from Matrix will be the 2x12 -- I already have a killer clean dumble patch done -- so I think you can guess where I am heading with this :)

Last edited:
A friend of mine ordered one of the Welagen SSS amps. I think he takes delivery by end of summer.

As soon as he gets that amp, I will be over there with the 2x12 (I am sure I will have it by then) and try to dial in my Dumble clean patch to a particular clean setting I love in that amp.

The amp has a low cut and a high cut filter which are key to the overall tone shaping -- will need some technical advice before I do it on where to setup similar filters in the Axe to match the topography of the amp (if that is even possible).

If anybody ever has the chance to play one of those amps -- jump on it!

I know wattage doesn't translate directly to volume, but is 60 watts enough power for a loud gig with Axe-FX?

I know wattage doesn't translate directly to volume, but is 60 watts enough power for a loud gig with Axe-FX?

The number means that the speaker in the cab can handle 60 watts which is plenty.

Remember you have guys out there pummeling 25 watt greenbacks with 100 watt Marshall heads every night of the week -- LOL.

I gigged for years with 100 watt amps and cabs with 70 or 80 watt speakers and they were loud enough to peal paint off the walls.

They key is how the cabinet is made which determines the cab volume and frequency tuning (if ported which it is in this case) as well as the efficiency of the speaker (which affects the headroom).

so yeah based on what I have read and the questions I asked prior to the purchase -- these puppies will be plenty loud with plenty of clean headroom and will work perfectly for my needs and how I intend to use them.

Last edited:
A friend of mine ordered one of the Welagen SSS amps. I think he takes delivery by end of summer.

As soon as he gets that amp, I will be over there with the 2x12 (I am sure I will have it by then) and try to dial in my Dumble clean patch to a particular clean setting I love in that amp.

The amp has a low cut and a high cut filter which are key to the overall tone shaping -- will need some technical advice before I do it on where to setup similar filters in the Axe to match the topography of the amp (if that is even possible).

If anybody ever has the chance to play one of those amps -- jump on it!

Wow, that amp sounds GORGEOUS. If you get the chance to create a clean Dumble patch based off of this thing... I sure hope you're into sharing. :D

Ah... I think I'll get a Mesa 1x12 or Orange 1x12 instead then. No offence to this product in any way but 1x12s are not heavy to begin with and if it’s better without cab sims then I might aswell get one with a speaker I trust. But that's just my opinion. :)

What made you decide to pick up the NL12, if you already have a Q12.... weight ?

Back
Top Bottom