Nita Strauss and Fractal

She is endorser of Boss, Marshall, Ibanez, Dimarzio, D'Addario, and Grover Allman picks.

BTW, If I got to grab a new Ibanez, I would seriously consider her signature model, and perhaps swap the pickups

I played one a few weeks ago at a GC, I was surprised to find the neck wasn’t as thin as I expected it to be. Not huge, but definitely thicker than a Wizard, closer to a Wizard III/90’s JEM neck. Cool guitar, but I was never big on Ibanez S bodies as they’re just not as thick as I’d prefer. And I’m an Edge/Lo-Pro snob and won’t use any other Ibanez trem. Great construction and finish on it, though!

FWIW, those Rig Rundowns rarely ever feature a killer guitar tone. They’re catching rigs when they’re dialed in for a live show and playing along with other instruments. In this case, they probably got a direct line out of the Boss and while that works better than someone just slapping a mic in front of a cab and hoping they got the right spot, we’re still hearing the tone she dialed in for live use. It could sound killer in the venue along with everything else.

Yeah but I think most of us here recognize poor tone, even without the context. Just look at, say, Paul Gilbert's RR. His tone is usually kind of treble-y and a bit thin by itself, but you can still tell it's a great tone.

no question, FM3 sounds better than this vid, that said she is a proven vet guitarist, ah AC guitarist? drop mic here...

I really tried to give her a chance. Positive influence for younger women who are picking up the guitar. Mediocre player. Sloppy legato and really doesn’t do anything that stands out from the rest. If she was some 400 lb kid with acne and a neck beard, living in their mother’s basement, nobody would even pay attention to her.

/rant

^^^ This.
Don't like to yuck somebody's yum, but I don't get the folks talking about her shredding chops (which don't make a good musician or good music anyway).
I hear someone leaning on their legato constantly, and nothing special.

Yeah but I think most of us here recognize poor tone, even without the context. Just look at, say, Paul Gilbert's RR. His tone is usually kind of treble-y and a bit thin by itself, but you can still tell it's a great tone.

Hahahah that has not been my experience with guitar players in the last 28 years. The majority still believe the sound they're hearing from a standing position, 10 feet away from their amp, is the sound that's actually coming out of the speakers and get confused/start pointing fingers when you put a 57 on the cab and have them hear it through studio monitors. :tearsofjoy:

Seems it's doing the trick in a live setting. :🤷:

Hahahah that has not been my experience with guitar players in the last 28 years. The majority still believe the sound they're hearing from a standing position, 10 feet away from their amp, is the sound that's actually coming out of the speakers and get confused/start pointing fingers when you put a 57 on the cab and have them hear it through studio monitors. :tearsofjoy:

Seems it's doing the trick in a live setting. :🤷:

Yes. It sounds good though PA.

Before the Fractal Era I played FRFR at countless gigs with Roland/Boss gear, and I got nothing but praise from the sound tech and the audience. Wherever I played, my tone was always consistent when I heard the live recordings.

Of course I started noticing a difference when I moved to the Axe-FX Standard in 2006. Amongst many other things, a wider palette of good tones was available, so I sold all the other gear. But that doesn't mean that the tone I got from Boss gear did suck.

BTW. At several of these videos you can see the Axe-FX at the rack of the other guitarist

Last edited:
Reactions: JTI
Just like with Steve Vai, Nita's live tone is in clearly in the stage fan. ;)

Hard to tell with Youtube compression and cellphone recording, but it really sounds kind of anemic
to me, and that is with a "tone" dialed in that is supposed to be front and center. 🤔

Last edited:
Seen her with Alice Cooper in 2018 at the Jubilee here in Calgary, was a muddy mess couldn't hear anything unfortunately, whomever was mixing the room blew it. My date enjoyed her solo though, she's definitely got the poses down :cool:

This was in my feed recently, She has a little solo at 48:08, should play from there

A good friend of mine ran Alice's FOH for years, and i'm pretty sure 2018 was one of them. I'll have to give him some good-natured crap about that mix next time I see him and see if he remembers anything specific about the venue. ;)

Back
Top Bottom