NIN Tension 2013 Live Show

iaresee

Administrator
Released by NIN earlier in December. I some how missed it until tonight. The show is fantastic. Rob Sheridan's visuals have gone to a whole other level. And the sound on the HD version is MASSIVE. If you have two CLRs you probably have the perfect setup for listening to this one. :encouragement:

The whole band is on Kemper rack kpa's right now. Even trent! I think on the last few tours before their hiatus, he was just using the amp designer inside Logic/Mainstage.

.....no matter what Kind of Amp Trent Reznor uses, his "Guitar Sound" is just fuzzy ....(....and no....I like NIN) just my 2 Cents about his Sound....

Robin just converted to all Axe-Fx II. In his own words: "I should have done this a long time ago".

Trent mainly uses amp sims from his laptop.

God, I hate VEVO. They litter Youtube with their ads, always promoting artists unworthy of attention.
It is, however, nice to see that UMG and SME haven't exostracised metal artists completely. I like NIN.

Cool light show and all, but not the greatest set list in the world. I would think twice about going to see them after watching that video. I know, old bands want to play there new CD but please don't play half of the thing. I think i counted 6 songs from the new CD. Thats too many in my book. Don't get me wrong i'm a big NIN fan. After i heard Pretty Hate Machine, i stared my own industrial band. Trent is a true innovator in music and I do like some of the newer stuff but come on... When a band expects people to put out some of their hard earned money to see a show, you better cram every great song you have into that show. Ok...carry on..my rant is over.

Cool light show and all, but not the greatest set list in the world. I would think twice about going to see them after watching that video. I know, old bands want to play there new CD but please don't play half of the thing. I think i counted 6 songs from the new CD. Thats too many in my book. Don't get me wrong i'm a big NIN fan. After i heard Pretty Hate Machine, i stared my own industrial band. Trent is a true innovator in music and I do like some of the newer stuff but come on... When a band expects people to put out some of their hard earned money to see a show, you better cram every great song you have into that show. Ok...carry on..my rant is over.

NIN might be one of the few bands that can do this, or need to do it (massively change up their set). This show/tour was from their second go round of the states, and most NIN fans are so rabid that they go see them on every tour. Which may explain TR's decisicion to constantly change up their whole production and set list. Just my 2 cents.

Funny, I was thinking, "Man, it's good to hear lots of older material in this set!" :) It's been a while since I've heard Head Like a Hole live and I really dug it. I actually like the new disc and think that live, with the stripped down approach and Pino's top notch bass lines bolting down some nice grooves, it works really well.

Setlist:
copy of a-Hesitation Marks

march of the pigs-The Downward Spiral

piggy-The Downward Spiral

all time low-Hesitation Marks

disappointed-Hesitation Marks

came back haunted-Hesitation Marks

sanctified-Pretty Hate Machine

in two-Hesitation Marks

the big come down-The Fragile

the hand that feeds-With Teeth

head like a hole-Pretty Hate Machine

even deeper-The Fragile

while i'm still here-Hesitation Marks

hurt-The Downward Spiral

This is the set list. I guess its ok. but i just think there is so much left out. And too much of the new CD. They do sound and look great.

This is the set list. I guess its ok. but i just think there is so much left out. And too much of the new CD. They do sound and look great.

His catalog his MASSIVE. I'm not sure you could concoct a 1:20 set list that satisfies everyone.

Also, I'm not 100% certain that's the whole show either. Seems short if it is. They may have played more than the video shows.

Reznor has said many times that he was putting NIN on hiatus because he didn't feel he was doing anything new or fresh. I'm not surprised at all that he's playing a lot of songs from Hesitation Marks. Like others, I've been a fan from the early days and I'd like to hear some of the more obscure stuff, but you have to appreciate whatever you get from Reznor at this point in his career.

Back
Top Bottom