Nice Clean - VB-2 Vibrato + Brownface 1x10

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
from a request.

a vibrato in front of a Brownface with a 1x10 Gold cab.

the speed of the Vibrato is linked to a slow (2 bars) square LFO with a 75% duty cycle.
if synced to tempo the vibrato rate will stay high (5Hz) for the first bar and the 1st half of the second bar and then move to a slower rate (2.3Hz) for the second half of the second bar.

Attachments

• VB-2 Brownface 1x10.syx
    2 KB · Views: 191
Interesting, I'm not quite following how that LFO is working. It seems like it would sound weird that way, but I will definately check it out. I could be overestimating the difference in sound between 5K and 2K rates though.

I'm going to need a full week of vacation just to experiment with the stuff you have posted lately.

D

now we're talking FM. YES!!!
that would be cool...

Woops, I wasn't trying to be clever. I actually just used the wrong values; I meant to use the ones you described.

I ran out of time last night trying to get my amp patches sorted so I didn't get to try any of the effects stuff you've posted lately including this one. I've got a small gig tonight, but I'm going to bring the gear back home and start working through some of your stuff. I'm really interested in the PEQ delay stuff you were doing for a while. You've done so much with the Fuzz Face sim that I decided to revisit it briefly. I had been too hard on it, there were some really cool sounds there.

D

I tried the VB2 setting tonight in my new Twin patch. I wasn't digging the square LFO changing the rate, so I tied it to an envelope follower instead. It's staying in the patch, I'm digging it. I had set up a VB2 type sound that was volume sensitive on my M13 a while back that I really enjoyed. I like my Axe-FX version better though as I was able to dial in the volume sensitivity much better.

D

Back
Top Bottom