NGW (New Gear Week): Port City Wave OS 2x12 Cabinet

Thomas-Hawk

Power User
Finally received my Port City Wave OS 2x12 cabinet about a week or so ago. I had it custom made, with two side handles (as opposed to the single handle in the top that is standard), red snakeskin tolex (love it!), black and tan grill cloth, gold piping, and a stereo jack plate. I installed my own British made Vintage 30s from a Mesa Recto cab. I also have an Avatar Vintage OS 2x12 semi-open back cab with the other two British made Vintage 30s from the Mesa Recto cab to compare to. The PC cab has quite a bit more low end, due to the port at the bottom. Just GREAT for high gain, and down tuned stuff! I love the way the PC cab sounds! But, I gotta say my Avatar cab held its own, sans the low end. I plan to use the Avatar cab for low to mid gain material, loaded with my Heritage 20W Greenbacks.

IMO, the Port City Wave OS 2x12 cab just destroys the Mesa Recto 4x12 cab that I had. Here are some pics:

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

The cab came with rubber feet, but I replaced those with the small caster wheels you see in the photos.

While making my cab, Port City accidentally made it with the standard single handle in the top. Daniel Klein with Port City caught the mistake before they shipped it, and they had to make me a completely new cab. So, I believe they still have one exactly like mine but with the single handle in the top for sale with a nice price break if anyone is interested. Contact Daniel at Port City for more details.

Thanks Sean! I presume you're still rockin' your PC cab too? \m/\m/

If you recall, you're the one to blame for me and yek getting one of these cabs. ;)

Back
Top Bottom