NGD (!!!) Silver or Chrome ......Boyyy.?

That is sweet! Will it reflect lazers and spot lots as well as mirrors? I saw Loudness back in the 80's and Akira Takasaki had a couple of mirrors on his guitar that grabbed your attention several times throughout the show.

That is sweet! Will it reflect lazers and spot lots as well as mirrors? I saw Loudness back in the 80's and Akira Takasaki had a couple of mirrors on his guitar that grabbed your attention several times throughout the show.
Probably, though my stage days are behind me , i plan to display her on a wall showcase cabinet when not handling her gently and yanking her whammy.......

Yes it does. I saw Joe Satriani play live in Austin years ago and the stage lights would reflect off of that guitar in cool beams as he moved. This was back when people could smoke in Austin venues, so you could see the light beams really well. It was pretty cool.

Paul Stanley's cracked mirror Iceman guitar makes for a crazy light show!

@bradlake are you serious dude? you got yourself a chromeboy???? From Rich? wow, all I can say is woooow

im a huge ibby fan, satch fan, and a chromeboy was always a real NAMM showcase piece that Ibanez showed the world how good they can be if they want

Does the chrome affect the tone at all? I know its an odd question but hey, its a unique guitar

CONGRATULATIONS sir, really enjoy it and wipe that chrome down when you finish EVERYTIME

The first round of Chrome boys had a problem with the chrome pealing off them. I believe fixed that problem on the new ones but time will tell.

The first round of Chrome boys had a problem with the chrome pealing off them. I believe fixed that problem on the new ones but time will tell.

See Rich Harris’ comments below. If there’s one guy on the planet who has a more discernible eye in the context of Ibanez JS’, well....I don’t believe one exists.

The simple answer, 22 or 24 fret aside, no, they don't have it right. They're finally doing it the way I've been pleading for many years, but whoever they contracted with was probably just the low bid. There are too many issues with the paint process, too many hazy spots, etc.

You can simul-chrome a whole car and have it come out perfect but they can't get a small body right. Just as with all the chrome attempts before.

3 in house operations to get the JS2 into feasible production, all failed.

3 different chromers were used to do the JS10ths because of quality issues.

2 different companies for the JS2PRM, and the last Mizumo did a wonderful job, but using a fragile process that can't stand up to play wear.

To the current 30th/1CR, I imagine if they're paying close enough attention, I would have already changed to another paint company to do the simul-chrome process and get rid of all the haze issues. And you have some delamination issues between the paint and the self healing protective clear layer. There will always be pimples or sink lines or many of the other issues, but the company they're using just isn't cutting it. And/or the treatment after the fact back at the factory is not careful enough to not create more problems. The best thing about them is they won't show scratching like any previous version because you can hear the PPF layer.

Back
Top Bottom