NGD - PRS Special Semi-Hollow Limited

The 5-way works like this:

Position 1: Treble
Position 2: Treble and Middle
Position 3: Treble and Bass
Position 4: Bass and Middle
Position 5: Bass

So I'm thinking of adding a push-push pot for activating the middle pickup by itself.

This came yesterday. It's a great guitar. Super versatile - the humbuckers sound fantastic normal or tapped. Nice and lightweight too.

Very cool man that is a Beautiful guitar
I bet it plays so smooth and that wood grain is just plain awesome very nice!

Have an ES-335 & ES-339 to cover a lot of semi hollow sounds . Was looking at this PRS once it was announced . Glad to hear you like it. How do you like the tremolo ? That was a concern for me .

Congrats, I got mine about two months ago and love it. Some of the best coil tapped tones I've heard on a PRS. IMO its more of a chambered guitar than a semi-hollowbody but really cuts through the mix. Kudos to PRS, this one is a winner.

F611E39A-0F29-4034-8487-42FC3038DB81.jpeg

5A966577-B8B6-4D33-9030-7B2F2DB9C16F.jpeg

Interesting that the neck pickup is reversed like Moore/Green les Paul. For phase purposes I assume?

Not that I'm aware of, actually, this is the only thing that bothers me about the guitar. I much prefer the neck pickup flipped the other way. I contacted PRS and they said it could change the tone of the guitar if flipped so I'm leaving it the way it is.

Have an ES-335 & ES-339 to cover a lot of semi hollow sounds . Was looking at this PRS once it was announced . Glad to hear you like it. How do you like the tremolo ? That was a concern for me .

I'm not a big trem user but it works fine. I'm most likely going to have it blocked.

Congrats, I got mine about two months ago and love it. Some of the best coil tapped tones I've heard on a PRS. IMO its more of a chambered guitar than a semi-hollowbody but really cuts through the mix. Kudos to PRS, this one is a winner.

F611E39A-0F29-4034-8487-42FC3038DB81.jpeg

5A966577-B8B6-4D33-9030-7B2F2DB9C16F.jpeg

Now That is STUNNING!!!! Love the neck flame.

SWEET!!!

I have a PRS Hollowbody II that I have owned for years. I recorded some of the tracks on the Supernal Endgame album Touch the Sky Vol. II. In fact, it is pictured in my Avatar. That pic was shot by our photographer (Chad Fenner) at one of our concerts. That is one beautiful guitar you got there Tim.

SWEET!!!

I have a PRS Hollowbody II that I have owned for years. I recorded some of the tracks on the Supernal Endgame album Touch the Sky Vol. II. In fact, it is pictured in my Avatar. That pic was shot by our photographer (Chad Fenner) at one of our concerts. That is one beautiful guitar you got there Tim.

I’ve had a HB II for quite a few years as well. It’s seen a lot of gigs. It’s always nice to put that on towards the end of the night to give the shoulder a rest. Fantastic sounding guitar.

Back
Top Bottom