NGD - Pine Body Am Pro II Tele

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
Got this not really expecting much. I put a set of Sperzel locking tuners on it and Gotoh compensated saddles (with the groove to hold the strings in place) because it did have tuning issues. Also bumped the string gauge up now this thing is killer! These 5/2 pickups are so versatile. Plain strings are fat and round sounding while the wound strings pop, snap and twang. This combination of magnets works really well. Didn't realize at first but it has a push/push tone knob for series/parallel. The pine body gives you what you'd expect from an ash body strat but with a softer note attack and lighter weight. Sustains for days, made a custom Ruby Rocket preset with OH 2x12 VC30 gold IR's and I can't stop playing her.

Attachments

• IMG_1538.jpeg
    IMG_1538.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1539.jpeg
    IMG_1539.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1540.jpeg
    IMG_1540.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1541.jpeg
    IMG_1541.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1542.jpeg
    IMG_1542.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Got this not really expecting much. I put a set of Sperzel locking tuners on it and Gotoh compensated saddles (with the groove to hold the strings in place) because it did have tuning issues. Also bumped the string gauge up now this thing is killer! These 5/2 pickups are so versatile. Plain strings are fat and round sounding while the wound strings pop, snap and twang. This combination of magnets works really well. Didn't realize at first but it has a push/push tone knob for series/parallel. The pine body gives you what you'd expect from an ash body strat but with a softer note attack and lighter weight. Sustains for days, made a custom Ruby Rocket preset with OH 2x12 VC30 gold IR's and I can't stop playing her.
Sweet!

I had seller's remorse when I let go of my Tele and finally did something about it a few months ago. View attachment 116482
I was considering a Suhr T as well. I have a custom Suhr Classic S that's absolutely killer but I was at the Philly guitar show and came across Allsop Guitars. He makes a pine tele that I really liked. Unfortunately I'm somewhat of a brand whore so when I saw this one (at half the price of the Suhr) I decided to give it a shot. Glad I did. BTW, your Suhr T is killer!

A Duncan Jazz's slug coil, when split, is really close, and you have the parallel and series options available....
IMG_20220203_233727.jpg

Works great when flipped around this way. The slug coil lines up where the usual neck single goes when split. The screws coil works great for OOP, and gives you the screws to tweak it just so when split. Parallel HB neck only gives you a wider neck pickup tone with great clarity, and series HB neck only gives you a warmer HB tone that is smooth and clear. All of this on a standard 250k/250k Tele V/T pot set. I have the 5 way super switch to give me 1/2 OOP and M+B in the two notch positions, but would do series with the split HB and bridge pickups if the middle wasn't there....

I was considering a Suhr T as well. I have a custom Suhr Classic S that's absolutely killer but I was at the Philly guitar show and came across Allsop Guitars. He makes a pine tele that I really liked. Unfortunately I'm somewhat of a brand whore so when I saw this one (at half the price of the Suhr) I decided to give it a shot. Glad I did. BTW, your Suhr T is killer!
Thanks, I have a Suhr Classic S that I like a lot, too. Glad you found a tele-style that's just right for you!

IMG_20220203_233727.jpg

Works great when flipped around this way. The slug coil lines up where the usual neck single goes when split. The screws coil works great for OOP, and gives you the screws to tweak it just so when split. Parallel HB neck only gives you a wider neck pickup tone with great clarity, and series HB neck only gives you a warmer HB tone that is smooth and clear. All of this on a standard 250k/250k Tele V/T pot set. I have the 5 way super switch to give me 1/2 OOP and M+B in the two notch positions, but would do series with the split HB and bridge pickups if the middle wasn't there....
Mmm.

You should probably ping me if you ever want to sell that :)

Back
Top Bottom