FM9 NGD/new pickups demos with FM9 (Revstar, Squier, Harley Benton...)

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
Hi guys ! These last days, I recorded a few videos for some guitars that either I just got (Yamaha Revstar RSS20) or on which I just changed the pickups. As I used my FM9 for all these, thought I would share here !

Yamaha Revstar RSS20 (stock pickups, I won't commit the blasphemy of changing those) :

Harley Benton Fusion-III roasted, upgraded with DiMarzio pickups (Norton in bridge, Transition in neck) :

Harley Benton Amarok-7 upgraded with Fishman Fluence Javier Reyes pickups :

Squier Contemp Strat FR, upgraded with EMG DG20 David Gilmour pickups (stock, the guitar has 2 humbuckers). It's now my "Pink Floyd guitar", it's pink, it has a Floyd, I call that destiny !

All the recordings were made with the FM9 as an audio interface, and firmware 3.0. Details in the video descriptions in youtube.

I'm thinking about the Yamaha RSS02T (P90s). I see those are made in Indonesia, while the pro line is made in Japan. I assume the pickups are different. How was the neck and overall quality of your Yamaha. I realize they aren't expensive, but Yamaha SA2200 and an acoustic I had were excellent value for the price. Just wondering if you had any thoughts, sir. Thanks for the videos!

I'm thinking about the Yamaha RSS02T (P90s). I see those are made in Indonesia, while the pro line is made in Japan. I assume the pickups are different. How was the neck and overall quality of your Yamaha. I realize they aren't expensive, but Yamaha SA2200 and an acoustic I had were excellent value for the price. Just wondering if you had any thoughts, sir. Thanks for the videos!
I think the pickups of the Standard and the Professional ones are the same, they have the same references , "VH5b AlNiCo 5". The neck is great, like the overall construction of the guitar. I still need to do some minimal setup to it, like small intonation adjustments, because I just tuned it to Eb without changing anything.
I'm more of a Superstrat type player, but I always loved the Yamaha SG2000 as a Les Paul type instrument, and the Revstar is somehow a modern version of it - and it's also more affordable, specially the "Standard" series. I have two other Les Paul type instruments, but I like this one more, even if I upgraded them with Seymour Duncan pickups :

Epiphone LP Modern :

Harley Benton SC-DLX :

I saw someone playing one on a random YouTube video... it's like everywhere I see this Revstar! They sounded great in your video and the other (can't remember really now what the other video was). I will probably get a Yamaha SA2200 if I get another guitar. I don't have a semi-hollowbody, and they are well-made and great for jazz/blues. Of course rolling off the treble on my Suhr and using the neck humbucker sounds very jazz like too, on those R.H. presets you have. I really love that pack, learned a lot about how to set up a signal chain, although I don't understand everything. I have copied about a dozen that I was going to modify and they became bad, lol. But a few of them I slightly modified copies and they are all great.

Hey Freman! This is totally out of left field and I've mostly been a lurker on the forums lately. However, I really respect your Pink Floyd live shows and videos I've seen in the past.

I'm still using the Axe FX II and also love to do Pink Floyd covers and just playing for fun mostly. That being said - would you say the FM9 Is leagues ahead of the Axe FX II? I think I mostly have GAS but would you say that you hear/enjoy playing in the FM9 more than the Axe FX II from back in the day?

Thanks!

The FM9 has the latest Axe-Fx III updates, both for amp modeling and effects, so yes, it's better that the Axe-Fx II. I'm not one to use hyperbole, so I won't say "leagues ahead", but it's definitely noticeably better - for sound, but also functionalities !

Back
Top Bottom