NGD, Merry Christmas To Me

Red Solo Cup

Inspired
I have been wanting to add a maple fretboard to the stable. Now, let's see if SW is going to do anything for my "valued patronage" on the cost LOLOL
Not holding my breath but looking forward to Friday's arrival!!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...urst-with-maple-fingerboard?serial=US23066508

Edit: Guitar arrived and I opened up the case this afternoon. Wow! Love the fit, feel and sound of this one. It may be my best guitar in the lot!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-28 013317.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-28 013317.png
    427.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Fantastic! If that Strat had been in stock and affordable when I was 14, it would have been the first Strat I'd ever have bought: I dreamed it up hoping they would have had it at the store. Instead, I was presented with two choices: brown transparent, or natural. (I got the natural.)

Fantastic! If that Strat had been in stock and affordable when I was 14, it would have been the first Strat I'd ever have bought: I dreamed it up hoping they would have had it at the store. Instead, I was presented with two choices: brown transparent, or natural. (I got the natural.)
Back when you (or I) was 14, you were lucky to get anything at all. Uphill. Both ways.

I also went with natural, when my turn came at 18. Should have instead grabbed the lawsuit Ibanez Explorer copy I liked, but wanted that boat anchor Elite Strat.

In other news, it appears the Britis Racing Green Strat is no longer available. :/

The only thing more bad-ass than a black Strat pickguard is one with black knobs and pickups mounted in it. Add some wood grain and a burst finish, and you’re smooth all day. :cool:

Nice ash.

I have an old USA Select series Strat with an ash body and flame maple top and neck. It was my main gigging guitar for many years. I love it but need to get it refretted because the stock frets are low and wide. It always played great and sat in the mix with the other guitarist who typically played a humbucker tele or LP Studio.

Great guitar. Opened it up and gave it a thorough going over. Only needed to be mildly tuned and all else is perfect. The neck is fatter than I expected, but that is actually a good thing. Plays, feels and sounds fantastic. This one is definitely a keeper!!

Back
Top Bottom