NGD. Gibson Les Paul Axcess Lifeson. HISS!!!

I'd give Graphtech a call. They have (or at least had) at least one really good guy there that helped an acquaintance of mine work through some issues he was having with his AL Axcess. I looked back through the old emails from 2011 (before the fix from Gibson was released), and Graphtech was helping him out with schematics and advice. Cant find the Graphtech guys email address or name though, sorry.

It was probably Morgan Ahoff, ..... He is long gone. Make sure you have the very latest circuit board from Grapthech. The S/n was improved on mine once installed.
And split the circuits ( if you don't mind loosing Blend )

This is NOT a normal Gibson.
Alex has the the 2 circuits spilt, as do I.
The blend is there for the masses.

It is what it is ... Or what you want.

This is NOT a normal Gibson.
Alex has the the 2 circuits spilt, as do I.
The blend is there for the masses.

It is what it is ... Or what you want.

That's interesting. I didn't know he had the two circuits split. I assumed he probably did since he was running both outputs anyways.
Where did you here that he split the circuits?
Also, where can I get a schematic that shows how to split the circuits?

I have the factory schematic . Join the Artist forum on the Gibson Forum to learn a lot more about this guitar.

Lifeson runs two wireless units at once using this guitar.

It's NOT an FR.
As posted, GRAPHTECH, with graphite saddles, and Piezo. They are not the same.
I changed my block to a Big block from Reviers company. Best floating Tremolo I have ever played. The fine tuners are silk smooth. Not like German POS FR.

Gee... That makes me feel real good about the brand new Floyd Rose Pro that I just bought! Ether way it's based on a OFR with respect to string spacing and not the Pro version.

Last edited:
Everything is different, the saddles are not interchangeable. Trust me. Based on a OFR yes, but no parts are exchangeable, especially with piezo' in the saddle.

Everything is different, the saddles are not interchangeable. Trust me. Based on a OFR yes, but no parts are exchangeable, especially with piezo' in the saddle.

I saw that. I went to Graphtechs site and saw the Spec sheet on the trem, nothing like the FL Pro version. What I don't understand is how the German made FL Pro is a POS? The fine tuners are smooth as can be and the over all craftsmen ship is the best I've seen on any trem.

Mine had hiss and get this ****Call Graphtech*** not Gibson for any info on the electronics. Talk to Grey Maynard. Gibson 1-800 guys are nice but offer so little technical info. Mine was traced to the line 6 G30 wireless and the peizo pre amp. Never liked the high gain pups due to no roll off clean up capabilities. Like may others I put some Duncans in. Great guitar tho,,, awesome your gal bought it for ya!!!!!!!

Mine had hiss and get this ****Call Graphtech*** not Gibson for any info on the electronics. Talk to Grey Maynard. Gibson 1-800 guys are nice but offer so little technical info. Mine was traced to the line 6 G30 wireless and the peizo pre amp. Never liked the high gain pups due to no roll off clean up capabilities. Like may others I put some Duncans in. Great guitar tho,,, awesome your gal bought it for ya!!!!!!!

I actually spoke with Grey back when I put the graphtec system in my traditional pro. I was able to trace the problem back to the preamp then as well. That's why I'm positive it's the same issue now. Its weird because I specifically remember the hiss being accentuated whenever I engage the bright button on the axe fx, (really bad on the Brit super).

Anyways, I'm on my way now to drop off the guitar at guitar center/third coast repairs. Guitar center told me that either GC or gibson would be footing the bill for this modification. Seems only right considering the cost of this guitar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom