NGD! - EVH

@Andy Eagle what kind of bit do you recommend for the horizontal drilling from
Pick guard cavity to lower horn. Forster necessary here? I’m thinking getting a very long bit so I can get better position with drill with a shallow angle or one of those right angle adapters for a straight on approach. Long bit probs be okay. I’m thinking 3/16” adequate enough for 3 thin wires…

@Andy Eagle what kind of bit do you recommend for the horizontal drilling from
Pick guard cavity to lower horn. Forster necessary here? I’m thinking getting a very long bit so I can get better position with drill with a shallow angle or one of those right angle adapters for a straight on approach. Long bit probs be okay. I’m thinking 3/16” adequate enough for 3 thin wires…
Yes long bit to connect the cavity.

Why a mini toggle for a kill switch? The best choice for this is easily the 24mm Sanwa arcade machine button. The reason is it is a very clean on off action good for a million activations. It also has an easy action.
IMG_3821.jpeg
You can get push in and ones with a retaining ring.
Before you start get one and try it on a piece of wood. They are very cheap $3 is typical unless they are sold as a kill switch then somehow $20 is the price 🤣.
I would test suitability of whatever switch you use because some make quite a noise in this application and it’s easy to hook them up and test before you commit your guitar to one . Bucket head uses the Sanwa for good reason.

Why a mini toggle for a kill switch? The best choice for this is easily the 24mm Sanwa arcade machine button. The reason is it is a very clean on off action good for a million activations. It also has an easy action.
View attachment 144596
You can get push in and ones with a retaining ring.
Before you start get one and try it on a piece of wood. They are very cheap $3 is typical unless they are sold as a kill switch then somehow $20 is the price 🤣.
I would test suitability of whatever switch you use because some make quite a noise in this application and it’s easy to hook them up and test before you commit your guitar to one . Bucket head uses the Sanwa for good reason.
oh the toggle switch is to turn the LED on/off only...also agreed I like the larger button. I got the Tesi , partly for the LED function

Back
Top Bottom