NGD - DGT

OK, sorry for overloading this thread, but I just thought up the obvious solution:

This DGT is amazing. I'm concerned it's just the honeymoon period, but I genuinely feel like this is what I wish a Telecaster, Strat, and LP sounded like. Pure magic.

"Get another one" is good advice, but I just spent a whole heap on this, so, uh... I'm going to trade in my SE Custom 24, which never gets played, for the SE DGT. If they're similar in tone/vibe, that's perfect, and I can bring it out of the house without worrying about somebody stealing it. And assuming they're in the same ball park, I could always buy a second SE for pretty cheap and block the trem on that one without worrying about tampering with a $6K CAD guitar.
Let us know how that SE works out for you. It's something I've considered myself, with all the positive reports of the DGT and what the core ones cost.

I have a DGT and Studio recently bought (Core) - so firstly congrats!

What’s amazed me is the difference string gauges make, I normally play 9s - sounded good, switched to 10s on a whim - stunning improvement!

My bad; I totally thought you were being sarcastic. It’s not the way you said it; it’s an inferiority complex on my part. But I appreciate you and we’re on the same the page! Cheers.

As for @Budda, my friend, a new number one doesn’t necessitate the sale of a previous number one ;) but I will try to find you the dark burst of your dreams, because I owe you one.
I wish the 89 standard in belleville was reasonably priced because it has potential. Reverb skews yet another listing haha.

I think it’ll be R9 or R0 in kindred or green lemon fade despite that startling my poor wallet lol.

Oh? What do they want for it? Early year Standards have amazing necks.
6k cdn and the guy listing it doesnt own it. I can get a 2021 R0 or 2022 m2m base custom for the same. Wont be me paying custom shop prices for a standard or deluxe haha. Maaaybe 3k cdn if it checks all the boxes. Most of the standards and deluxes have been sitting for im guessing this reason (11lb notwithstanding ha!).

Let us know how that SE works out for you. It's something I've considered myself, with all the positive reports of the DGT and what the core ones cost.
I have been enjoying DG for many, many decades. Mostly I saw him lots of times with Joe Ely.
But as to the DGT SE, for whatever this is worth, I ordered one and returned it within hours of receiving it. The build quality was good, the sound was bad. As was discussed above, my wife has a critical ear and when I went downstairs to play my new DGT SE she thought it sounded bad. To compare I went from the DGT SE to my HH with Fralin pickups and when I went upstairs she remarked how she could easily tell the difference. Both guitars were through my FM3.
I would love to get a core DGT. The SE is not good IMHO. And if you look out on Reverb, etc. they don't seem to be selling well since the intial hype.

Yea, that's nuts. By quite a bit.
100%. Guy was polite in his reply but between saying thats the rate (theres one on reverb for 6k overseas) and rare (its a production guitar in a production finish) and it not being his, i was out pretty quick. Theres norlin standards and deluxes $4k-$5500cdn at folkway, 12th fret and kijiji and Im just chuckling.

For whatever my opinion is worth with respect to the SE DGT, I'd have to agree with SpudMan. The guitar was built well enough, the frets were finished off really well, but I plugged it into my FM3 and frankly it just felt meh. I didn't think it brought anything special to the table; it just sounded like any other mediocre HH guitar. I let another guitar player friend who owns a few other PRS models and his reaction was similar - it didn't offer anything special. I returned it a few days later. I definitely need to check out a code DGT, gold top of course.

I have a DGT and Studio recently bought (Core) - so firstly congrats!

What’s amazed me is the difference string gauges make, I normally play 9s - sounded good, switched to 10s on a whim - stunning improvement!
I keep 11s on mine. They take a few seconds to get used to but with the big frets they feel comfortable quickly and they give the guitar a real gutsy growl.

Back
Top Bottom