NGD - DGT

nathan_393

Inspired
2022 DGT, which @Budda found used for me at a store about an hour and a half from my place. Plays like an absolute dream, and is in just about mint condition. From what I can see, it's barely used. It weighs 8.14 lbs, which isn't anywhere near the lightest DGT ever made, but it is way lighter than my Les Paul. It's an extremely resonant instrument; you can feel it vibrate across your whole body when you pick an open string with your finger. And it sustains forever. Forever. I haven't timed it, but it's very easily over 30 seconds.

Immediately bonded with this thing and had to bring it home.

View attachment IMG_0146 (1).jpeg

And here's a photo of it with his friends:

View attachment IMG_0153 (1).jpeg

Perhaps related, I've run out of space on my wall and my floor rack doesn't really fit anywhere. Would anybody recommend wall hangers that let you angle the guitars a bit so you can fit more of them? I need to take this wall, which fits 3 or 4 guitars comfortably, and fit at least 7 on it. (It would also be great if there were space for more guitars, you know, down the line, and please don't tell my wife I said that...)

I forgot it was that new, and gold haha.

Angled hangers should be easy enough to find, possibly diy it too. I have a few hangers I used once 5 homes ago, but not angled.

Guitar racks are probably easier to come by, but you may feel compelled to fill them ;)

Nice guitar. Love the goldtop paint. It's like the most mashed up LP and Strat ever. If I ever run across a DGT, I'd love to give one a try. I'm curious how the switch position will work for me.

On the hanger note, I offset the height of my hangers so I can get the guitars a little closer together but still have enough room that chances of an accident are slim. (Note I am klutzy but generally careful due to self awareness on the klutziness. If I was less of a spaz, they'd be even closer together,) This only shows two of the guitars but it lefts me fit 5 guitars in about 7-8 foot of wall.

strat_front.jpg

This is absolutely where I ended up after doing an hour of research today. Love the slat wall hangers, particularly their wooden option. I can custom order it to length, and I could paint it to match what I have now (I like it blending with the wall). Will probably lean that direction. Plus, it's a fun little wood working project that doesn't feel totally above my very average DIY station.

Small DIY project; 2016. About 9 coats of poly went onto the 1x6, then attached the board to the wall with 4-inch screws and finishing washers, then attached the locking string swings. My brother the housing subcontractor helped install...

qO0pbcI.jpg

@bleujazz3 mine looks similar-ish, at least in principle if not in finished vibe (see second image in top thread). I could keep using it, but my better half has told me that if I plan on hanging more guitars now, I better invest in a system that lets me hang more later (she's good that way, and in the words of my mother-in-law, I'm good at spending money, soooo here we are). Hence considering a slat system. I could pretty easily add in or remove more later.

@bleujazz3 mine looks similar-ish, at least in principle if not in finished vibe (see second image in top thread). I could keep using it, but my better half has told me that if I plan on hanging more guitars now, I better invest in a system that lets me hang more later (she's good that way, and in the words of my mother-in-law, I'm good at spending money, soooo here we are). Hence considering a slat system. I could pretty easily add in or remove more later.
Yup. I've got one more elsewhere that doesn't have enough wall real estate. Sounds like you're adding to instead of culling, so a wider vista makes sense.

FTR, the metal slat systems will last longer with less chance of slat breakage. I've seen ones from music stores that use laminated ply slats, so they're stronger, perhaps.

My gut feeling tells me that aircraft metal with additional slide hanger inserts is the safest way...

Yup. Like you, I've got more elsewhere that don't have enough wall real estate.

FTR, the metal slat systems will last longer with less chance of slat breakage. I've seen ones from music stores that use laminated ply slats, so they're stronger, perhaps.

My gut feeling tells me that aircraft metal is the safest way...
I have both aluminum and wood from Diamond Life Gear.

The aluminum is not much difference in cost and will last a long, long time.

The wood is MDF but the "slots" use an aluminum insert in any case, so also pretty durable.

String Swing all the way. There's a reason guitar stores use them.

Capture.JPG

Ooo. Just checked out DiamondLife's website. Says they've got a maple board with metal slots for under $100, ready to ship. Hangers extra. That might be my next project that will allow my 4th guitar onto the hangers.

Ooo. Just checked out DiamondLife's website. Says they've got a maple board with metal slots for under $100, ready to ship. Hangers extra. That might be my next project that will allow my 4th guitar onto the hangers.
I went with the "medium" length hangers. That allows for quite a bit of angle and distance to the wall. You might want a long one for the acoustic if you plan to angle it.

Also, make sure to ask them to include the rubber end caps for the hangers. I am not a fan of the metal thumb screw ends - too much risk for damage.

I went with the "medium" length hangers. That allows for quite a bit of angle and distance to the wall. You might want a long one for the acoustic if you plan to angle it.

Also, make sure to ask them to include the rubber end caps for the hangers. I am not a fan of the metal thumb screw ends - too much risk for damage.
Ordered the package deal with 6" hangers, from amazon DLDIRECT. Might need to visit their webpage again and ask to ship some rubber end caps, my cost. Ordering from DL's website, there was odds and ends adding up. Shipping was $25, kind of expected...

2022 DGT, which @Budda found used for me at a store about an hour and a half from my place. Plays like an absolute dream, and is in just about mint condition. From what I can see, it's barely used. It weighs 8.14 lbs, which isn't anywhere near the lightest DGT ever made, but it is way lighter than my Les Paul. It's an extremely resonant instrument; you can feel it vibrate across your whole body when you pick an open string with your finger. And it sustains forever. Forever. I haven't timed it, but it's very easily over 30 seconds.

Immediately bonded with this thing and had to bring it home.

View attachment 135926

And here's a photo of it with his friends:

View attachment 135927

Perhaps related, I've run out of space on my wall and my floor rack doesn't really fit anywhere. Would anybody recommend wall hangers that let you angle the guitars a bit so you can fit more of them? I need to take this wall, which fits 3 or 4 guitars comfortably, and fit at least 7 on it. (It would also be great if there were space for more guitars, you know, down the line, and please don't tell my wife I said that...)

<kate>
Perhaps something like zis?
20240124_002319.jpg

</kate>

Gorgeous axe, BTW. :)

Ordered the package deal with 6" hangers, from amazon DLDIRECT. Might need to visit their webpage again and ask to ship some rubber end caps, my cost. Ordering from DL's website, there was odds and ends adding up. Shipping was $25, kind of expected...
Yeah, I found them very responsive. They'll also provide rubber straps as well...

This ^^^^

Yeah, I found them very responsive. They'll also provide rubber straps as well...
The amazon package IIRC includes the rubber end caps, as well as the end trim finish pieces. Contacted DLDIRECT just to be safe...
This ^^^^
Very surprised that DLDIRECT put together a package deal that includes everything one might need (the rubber caps, the end trim, the 4 x 6" hangers (maybe the 12 x #8 x 2-½" Phillips Bugle Head screws?). If not, the hardware store is about 3 blocks away regards the bugle heads...

Back
Top Bottom