The newest unpotted pickups that ship in the R9 are very good. I wouldn't add the AVR2 personally, It sound worse than the stock bridge if you lock it down.
Yes the custombuckers are quite nice. If the R9 had shipped with them I wouldnt touch it.

What about the saddle rattle issue with the ABR-1?

lil update on the bridge chat (mostly for @Andy Eagle )

I listened back to my a/b of the ABR vs AVR2. For this specific guitar, the AVR2 increase in output and high end response just isn't quite what I'm after. Depending on how the new pickups sound with the old bridge, I may cancel my Mike Turk order (waiting on a part). I'll know by Monday haha.

I may try this R0 with the AVR2 (it has a wired ABR1) depending on how the burstbuckers sound with the stock bridge.

lil update on the bridge chat (mostly for @Andy Eagle )

I listened back to my a/b of the ABR vs AVR2. For this specific guitar, the AVR2 increase in output and high end response just isn't quite what I'm after. Depending on how the new pickups sound with the old bridge, I may cancel my Mike Turk order (waiting on a part). I'll know by Monday haha.

I may try this R0 with the AVR2 (it has a wired ABR1) depending on how the burstbuckers sound with the stock bridge.
Thanks,
I find the AVR2 adds a ghost overtone that is slightly dissonant and once you hear it you can't unhear it. The lock adds a double contact point which is almost always detrimental to the tone particularly as the string tension holds down the bridge and finds it's own point of contact. This point is always the best tone transfer and adding another is interference with the wave.
And yes I am in the UK.

Thanks,
I find the AVR2 adds a ghost overtone that is slightly dissonant and once you hear it you can't unhear it. The lock adds a double contact point which is almost always detrimental to the tone particularly as the string tension holds down the bridge and finds it's own point of contact. This point is always the best tone transfer and adding another is interference with the wave.
And yes I am in the UK.
Im hoping I dont need to adjust intonation often as the abr screws face the pickup ring on the stock bridges 😂.

I am curious to record my new pickups with the ABR1 back on.

All the Tonepros stuff sounds noticeably worse to my ears. The other tone killer on a tunamatic is having the stop tail screwed down enough to make the string touch the back of the bridge as well as the saddle . Once again the double contact causes dissonant interference in the wave.

All the Tonepros stuff sounds noticeably worse to my ears. The other tone killer on a tunamatic is having the stop tail screwed down enough to make the string touch the back of the bridge as well as the saddle . Once again the double contact causes dissonant interference in the wave.
The G0 has the stoptail to the wood and the strings clear. I was impressed.

Back
Top Bottom