NGD 20th Anniversary Majesty

Do you know how that neck feels compared to ones that are finished? I gotta say, I looked real hard at that one too, just for the fact it's the only one they make with that neck.
And yeah, I play my Enchanted Forest a TON!

Do you know how that neck feels compared to ones that are finished? I gotta say, I looked real hard at that one too, just for the fact it's the only one they make with that neck.
And yeah, I play my Enchanted Forest a TON!
the back is finished like the others, so that feels the same. it's definitely a bit brighter than the ebony ones and i kinda got used to it. also the reason i got it, being one of the few with a maple fretboard. they're all good though. if anything, the fret inlays/markers are harder to see, so i'm in the wrong position all the time haha.

Ok, I guess I thought the roasted Maple neck was unfinished. The fret board sure is gorgeous! Of certain items I own/have owned (eg Ford F-250's, 80's Kawasaki standard & sportbikes, pre-factory PRS), I get to know all the variations, but these Majesties are starting to get confusing. ;)

Ok, I guess I thought the roasted Maple neck was unfinished. The fret board sure is gorgeous! Of certain items I own/have owned (eg Ford F-250's, 80's Kawasaki standard & sportbikes, pre-factory PRS), I get to know all the variations, but these Majesties are starting to get confusing. ;)

I think that's all the JP models. I was on some site, and there was a guy that collects JP6s. I think he had 88 different ones or something like that. Between the color and neck options, it's pretty crazy.

Thanks guys! In this pic, and the ones from the store, the top shows a bit of reddish hue, that in person, it doesn't have. I mean, the color is just an awesome wood-tone shade, which I really love. And the flame has a depth to it that is quite striking!

Bastard that started this thread has somehow conspired to get me to look at EBMM guitars.

:D
Haha!! You know, I didn't like the Majesty the first time I played one @ GC. (But the same thing happened first time I heard Images & Words.)
But now, well, obviously I love 'em!
I will say the tones are not as versatile as my PRS CU24 (it's an Annapolis guitar, with the 5-way rotary & sweet switch.) But I can't stand the contour of that ridge along the edge of the body; it bites into my arm. And the upper fret access is a big reason why I started looking at the JP models. No comparison, imo. And the harmonic content of the PU's is like, off the freakin charts! Never heard notes morph into overtones as sweet as they do.
But for the music I play, and all the great sounds available in the AF3, I'm totally content. (I do do a lot of PRS window shopping though.)

Congrats!

Once I close on my house sale, after the year I’ve had, I’m treating myself to something nice….maybe a couple something’s nice. I was just looking at Majesty’s the other night. Unfortunately, I’ve only had the chance to play ther Sterling models and I’ve yet to play one that was anywhere close to playable. There’s a GC a few miles south that has a decent amount of Majesty’s in stock, I just hate putting that drop of blood in the shark tank when you try out more than one expensive guitar there…..the salesman will NOT leave you alone and you spend more time making dumbass small talk than playing the guitar.

I’m definitely grabbing a Solar E-type with an Evertune, but those are fairly inexpensive in comparison to a Majesty. I at least talked myself out of a 79’ LP SIlverburst (for now).

These two in particular have caught my eye. Especially the Silver/flametop one. Man….I reeeealllly love the way that looks.

Attachments

• 090B87A2-8D7C-4C44-BF22-E0D9D380E640.jpeg
    090B87A2-8D7C-4C44-BF22-E0D9D380E640.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 6EEF5FDE-316E-4161-9860-46302125879A.jpeg
    6EEF5FDE-316E-4161-9860-46302125879A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom