NGD 20th Anniversary Majesty

Hey there,

The new series of Majesty's have the DiMarzio Rainmaker - neck and DiMarzio Dreamcatcher - bridge PU's.
My majesty has got the Dimarzio Illuminator ceramic magnets. Sometimes its hard to dial in with a stock preset to get the sweet tones, but i just love the way they make the guitar sound eventually.
These PU's are alive, wow... even tapping on the body of the guitar can clearly be heard over the speakers.

Just wonder why JP changed PU's and what could be the diffrence. Never read it anywhere why he descided to change the setup.

Because of the new PU's I am damn curious and makes me want to try out the new Majesty. But trying without buying, who does that... right? Guaranteed I'll like it and want it

Your 20th Anniversary Majesty looks stunning man! Love it 👍

Cheers

Last edited:
Wait! What?
It's a Majesty with a JP logo on top instead of the Majesty logo. Im having a brainshake atm LOL but it actually looks very good on this guitar, makes it unique..

Cheers

Hey there,

The new series of Majesty's have the DiMarzio Rainmaker - neck and DiMarzio Dreamcatcher - bridge PU's.
My majesty has got the Dimarzio Illuminator ceramic magnets. Sometimes its hard to dial in with a stock preset to get the sweet tones, but i just love the way they make the guitar sound eventually.
These PU's are alive, wow... even tapping on the body of the guitar can clearly be heard over the speakers.

Just wonder why JP changed PU's and what could be the diffrence. Never read it anywhere why he descided to change the setup.

Because of the new PU's I am damn curious and makes me want to try out the new Majesty. But trying without buying, who does that... right? Guaranteed I'll like it and want it

Your 20th Anniversary Majesty looks stunning man! Love it 👍

Cheers

He’s talked about the pickup changes and if you went to Dimarzio’s site, you’ll probably find a video there discussing it. If I remember right, it was because they were starting to use different woods and he wanted the pickups to accentuate those changes.

Then there’s just the fact that he’s JP and everything he puts his name on moves products. If I had a guitar and a pickup company that were willing to let me make a new model every year, I’d be doing it too!

I’m just hoping one of these days, they stumble on a combination that brings back the 90’s JP tones…….and playing.

He’s talked about the pickup changes and if you went to Dimarzio’s site, you’ll probably find a video there discussing it. If I remember right, it was because they were starting to use different woods and he wanted the pickups to accentuate those changes.

Then there’s just the fact that he’s JP and everything he puts his name on moves products. If I had a guitar and a pickup company that were willing to let me make a new model every year, I’d be doing it too!

I’m just hoping one of these days, they stumble on a combination that brings back the 90’s JP tones…….and playing.
Hey there @RevDrucifer
Thanks man, I will search for this video.

Cheers

If only it were as easy as a firmware reversion.

I can think of quite a few iconic guitarists whose early tones (when they had
less gear, little money, and no endorsements) are often regarded as their best
tones.

Back
Top Bottom