NGD 2008 PRS Mira

richb

Inspired
I just landed this. This was made in Maryland. Excellent condition.

I plan to put a set of "Lindy Fralin P90's in a H/B" in it. It's my take on a "modern-day LP Jr., DC". I just had to tell other guitar nerds.

Attachments

• 2008 PRS Mira.jpg
    2008 PRS Mira.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 62
I’m not a huge PRS fan , but this one - I like !
What does she have for pickups already ? ...magnet , resistance ?
I’ve swapped a lot of pickups over the years. Sometimes I gained , other times , the originals went back in.

I’m not a huge PRS fan , but this one - I like !
What does she have for pickups already ? ...magnet , resistance ?
I’ve swapped a lot of pickups over the years. Sometimes I gained , other times , the originals went back in.
Magnet. I have the Fralin P90's in another guitar and after playing them for a year, I still love them. But the quality of the guitar they are in is not so great. I own another PRS, and I love the wide-thin neck, and the build quality, so that's what led me to this guitar. We'll see how she turns out.

Very cool! I'll be interested to see what you think of the pickups and if you switch them out. Most of the time I have the pickup selector in the middle, and then split the coils. Or on the bridge pickup with the tone knob rolled down a bit (no split). The volume with treble bleed allows for taking a higher gain sound and taming it way down so it's nearly clean. I've thought about changing pickups but the more time I've spent with the Axe-Fx III, and learning how to tweak the sounds a bit, the better this guitar is sounding. Very versatile. Anyway... not to hijack your guitar post... but here is mine. I'm still on the fence about changing pickups...

IMG_4422.jpg

Very cool! I'll be interested to see what you think of the pickups and if you switch them out. Most of the time I have the pickup selector in the middle, and then split the coils. Or on the bridge pickup with the tone knob rolled down a bit (no split). The volume with treble bleed allows for taking a higher gain sound and taming it way down so it's nearly clean. I've thought about changing pickups but the more time I've spent with the Axe-Fx III, and learning how to tweak the sounds a bit, the better this guitar is sounding. Very versatile. Anyway... not to hijack your guitar post... but here is mine. I'm still on the fence about changing pickups...

View attachment 50767

Very cool. Actually, THANKS for sharing your insights on the pickups. It occurred to me that I might like the stock pickups. I'll definitely play it for a while before I switch them out. I'm curious, what Amp or patches you typically use with your Mira? Let me know.

Last edited:
Hey sorry for the really late reply. Been out for a bit with holidays and over committing ;)

The main setup I use with the Mira is from the @austinbuddy naked amp pack. I think it's the RockFree preset which is a JTM and JTM jumped amp in parallel feeding into a single cab. For the cab block, I had accidently replaced the IR with one from a @fremen pack I bought when I had my XL+. The IR is a Vox mix (going off the name). The combination of how the amps are setup and the IR work great. So I haven't tweaked anything much as it seems I have barely enough time to learn tunes for the next gig coming up and am happy with the sound. I won't promise anything but can try to post some audio clips of using one scene out of the preset and changing pickup and split configurations. I played last night and was able to use one scene to handle everything going from cleanish chimey sounds to full overdrive. Mainly changing from middle selection and split with volume rolled down a bit, to non-split bridge pickup and volume knob full.

Hey sorry for the really late reply. Been out for a bit with holidays and over committing ;)

The main setup I use with the Mira is from the @austinbuddy naked amp pack. I think it's the RockFree preset which is a JTM and JTM jumped amp in parallel feeding into a single cab. For the cab block, I had accidently replaced the IR with one from a @fremen pack I bought when I had my XL+. The IR is a Vox mix (going off the name). The combination of how the amps are setup and the IR work great. So I haven't tweaked anything much as it seems I have barely enough time to learn tunes for the next gig coming up and am happy with the sound. I won't promise anything but can try to post some audio clips of using one scene out of the preset and changing pickup and split configurations. I played last night and was able to use one scene to handle everything going from cleanish chimey sounds to full overdrive. Mainly changing from middle selection and split with volume rolled down a bit, to non-split bridge pickup and volume knob full.

Thanks Chad! I appreciate your time.

It seems good taste travels in threes! I got my Mira a couple of years ago while also on the search for a good DC model. I've toyed with replacing the pickups as well, but never committed to it. I love how amazingly light and playable this thing is.

Attachments

• mira.jpeg
    mira.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom