Tru-Oil finish
500XL pickup from WildeUSA
Rockinger neck from the 'bay
all other hardware from guitarfetish

it's my D4
;)

Last edited:
The pickup is amazing.
It does high gain exceptionally well (no surprise here) with a tight bass, great string definition & harmonics, but it also sounds really good with crunch or clean tones.
And fuzzes. Must not forget the fuzzes.

I'm very impressed, Mr. Lawrence! :)

Looks great! I've been wanting to do a single pickup guitar for years now.

The pickup is amazing.
It does high gain exceptionally well (no surprise here) with a tight bass, great string definition & harmonics, but it also sounds really good with crunch or clean tones.
And fuzzes. Must not forget the fuzzes.

I'm very impressed, Mr. Lawrence! :)
Yep, I love the L500's too! Actually I've got Bill's pickups in several guitars and I've spent hours on the phone talking to him about the physics involved in designing pickups. I learned pretty quickly that he's a lot smarter than me. ;) I caught myself taking notes most of the time....for what, I have no idea.

As a matter of fact you can look at my ghetto 'partscaster' N4 that I rescued in my signature. Sometimes I think that it'd be easier to start from scratch, but it's a player now and in regular rotation.

Thats impressive. I'm on my 5th build. if you don't count parts guitars. Most all of them are teles. One was a standard tele, one was a tele with Les paul electronics and a thicker body, one was a tele with strat electronics, body contours and everything, One is a thinline with TV Jones and a bigsby and top binding, and the last one has Lace sensor red/blue with one volume and 2 tones. Made everything wood but the fretboards. I haven't had time to build a jig fixture to cut fret slots. Its a fun hobby.

Looks great!

Actually I've got Bill's pickups in several guitars and I've spent hours on the phone talking to him about the physics involved in designing pickups. I learned pretty quickly that he's a lot smarter than me. ;)

whenever a AlNiCo vs. ceramic debates comes up, I quote him! :)

As a matter of fact you can look at my ghetto 'partscaster' N4 that I rescued in my signature.

looks like a legit N4 to me - why 'ghetto'?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom