NGD: 01 Pre-Lawsuit PRS Single Cut 10 Top

I love the look of the Single Cuts.

Anyone that's into them, what's your take on the Studios? I played one here in Wellington and it's a bit of a beast, and I've been swinging between the Studio and SC for a while now. Currently leaning towards the Studio.

Oh man, I have 6 Custom 24's as of today, but I'm really gassing for a 22 with a hard tail. Floating terms are a pain when they don't return to pitch correctly.
I've also had 6 PRS's (various), all w/ floating vibratos, and none of them had issues with returning to pitch correctly.

Here's a pic from last night's maiden gig with the PRS SC - sounded great to me!

10269654_653593454714614_5276417566211682473_n.jpg

Here's another shot - this one shows the color of the guitar better than my cell shot up above. Photo courtesy of Scott Hutchinson:

10171271_653593674714592_1922463525900490450_n.jpg

To each his own, but I like the SC's a ton better than the studios. There is just this consistent feel that I get out of everyone. LP's are pretty hit or miss for me, I find good ones and they are obviously great guitars but the SC just feels better to me. Typically I wouldn't do anything to them except change the strings, but on the silver one above it had EMG active pickups in it so I swapped those for some Dragon II's and I changed out the vintage keys for a set of locking keys. I haven't done anything at all to the 2007, other than the strings and strap locks it is exactly the same as it came. I do love really old les paul's (I had a 1956 JR that was amazing) but the SC's seem to be more of my taste. YMMV

I've had one since 2001. Wanted a Les Paul--ended up with the SC instead.

Honestly, it is probably my least played guitar. Never really bonded with the #7 pickups. Switched out for the PRS #6's that came in the SC Trem that came out a couple of years later. Don't really like them either. I'd probably trade it out for something else except I scratched the it in a bridge adjusting accident with a screwdriver.

closer.jpg

I may try the #7's in it again since it's been a while. I still have them.

Congrats that's a beauty! I've loved all my PRSi. Currently playing a Tremonti and considering an older SC stop tail for drop tune stuff.

I've had one since 2001. Wanted a Les Paul--ended up with the SC instead.

Honestly, it is probably my least played guitar. Never really bonded with the #7 pickups. Switched out for the PRS #6's that came in the SC Trem that came out a couple of years later. Don't really like them either. I'd probably trade it out for something else except I scratched the it in a bridge adjusting accident with a screwdriver.

I may try the #7's in it again since it's been a while. I still have them.

Apparently the #6s are just #7s without the cover, so its probably not worth swapping them back. I've got a singlecut with #7s and while I love the guitar, those pickups are super hot! I've had to lower them ridiculously in order to get reasonable touch sensitivity from them (neck PU is now recessed nearly 2mm below the pickup ring, I'm a bit scared it'll pop out soon). Might be worth trying something else, I'm certainly considering it!

Nice Scott- I do love the look of those SC's. I've been looking for a DGT myself for a few years now. Haven't come across one yet that hit me in the gut, save for one of David's guitars I checked out at one of his gigs.

Back
Top Bottom