Next time -LOOK before I leap

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So, on fractal site, I saw the dyna-cab bassman 2x12 pack and figured, hey I could use that. Purchased it. When I went to download\install using Cab lab 4 I realized I had 3 authorizations??????? Had I seen that first I never would have purchased it. I know it's becoming common practice more and more. It just rubs me the wrong way. I do NOT want cabs that may NOT WORK because I couldn't authorize or a mixup. No thanks.
Not looking for a refund, I'll consider it a donation to a company I have heavily supported since April 2009.

Last edited:
Not understanding your post... Did you purchase the same pack twice?
No, ONLY ONE PURCHASE, I paid thru paypal for the 2x12bassman dynacab. Later on I opened Cablab, that is HOW you get your purchase-which I also DID NOT KNOW.
When I got to the part about installi8ng\it said I had 2 Authorizations left (So 3 in total I guess.
That is not what I wanted, not what I expected. So they can have my $29 + tax

It is a cab pack - a DynaCab pack.

It's not a standard cab pack that's full of individual IRs.

You can use it with Cab-Lab 4. Once you find a setting you like you can export it as an IR or send it directly to your unit in an IR slot.

You get authorizations with the purchase.

If yours shows 2 then you haven't authorized it for use, yet.

It is a cab pack - a DynaCab pack.

It's not a standard cab pack that's full of individual IRs.

You can use it with Cab-Lab 4. Once you find a setting you like you can export it as an IR or send it directly to your unit in an IR slot.

You get authorizations with the purchase.

If yours shows 2 then you haven't authorized it for use, yet.
So you mean ONCE I download and have it in Cab lab and them export as an IR I NO LONGER need that IR authorized?

Well, I authorized it. So, the authorizations are ONLY IF I LOSE the cabpack and want to download it again?
I'm confused. But even beyond that I have never used any cab labs in all these years. Guess I'll have to read up on it in the PDF and help.

Yes, if you need to reinstall it later for whatever reason. Once it's authorized, you can export as many IRs from it as you want.
OK-Guess that's what UG mean t also. I never really mess with the mic placement in the installed dynacabs, I am a vey basic guy when it comes to that stuff. which is wrong and I know I should experiment.
So this gives me the motivation to do that and more. So now I will read and learn.
Thanks folks.
The thing that prompted my venting original post goes way back to ilok, pace and all that crap.
Although I do have software that needs authorization, like most the izotope stuff and many more. I have learned to live with that but still, Ilok and pace and whatever will never see my computers. I know, I'm weird!

Just an FYI, I upgraded my computer but kept the old SSD with the operating system and other programs/apps including Cab Lab 4. De-Authorized the cab packs before swapping the drive and it reset to '0/2' authorizations. Had no issues authorizing and installing all packs on the new system.

Back
Top Bottom