Hi all, ordered mine.....but I'm working in Japan and have a 24hr journey back to the UK, with a cold, before I can get my hands on it..
I am an AC30 kind of guy (sold it a while ago, too loud, too heavy), and currently have two AC4s into two 12 inch cabs, in an isolation box at home, with a TC G-system...

Looking forward to the jaw drop moment..

Simon

Hi Simon welcome to the Big Happy Family of Axe Owners. I'm sure that you'll love using this wonderful machine and that you'll be smiling for years! If you're into Ac30 territory I'd recommend getting a download of some sweet IR's for that model to complete your sonic Nirvana.
There's a LOT of stuff in the Axe and it can seem overwhelming to begin with but just ask around on here and somebody will have the answer for sure.

Hello Simon! I think you are going to love it. There is a bit of a learning curve but the journey is fun.
The IR you use will make up a great deal of the tone you are after.
Do you plan on using it FRFR, with studio monitors, or what will you new set up be?

Welcome Simon
Check out axechange for a preset called creamy ac30 or something like that!

Pauly

Hi all, ordered mine.....but I'm working in Japan and have a 24hr journey back to the UK, with a cold, before I can get my hands on it..
I am an AC30 kind of guy (sold it a while ago, too loud, too heavy), and currently have two AC4s into two 12 inch cabs, in an isolation box at home, with a TC G-system...

Simon

Your jaw must be dropped already - this is why you're away fom the forum :D
This magic black box has changed my overall thinking about guitar gears.
And it's like a virus, my band mate felt he needs that too, bought a "standard" (which i could live with) and also two FRFR. My rig sounded better and bigger than his tube poweramp wih two 4x12s... Muhhahhahhh
Oh... And welcome!!!

Hi all, thanks for the welcome. Is it really that good? From what everybody says it's like suddenly having all the barriers and walls removed, you can get the tone/tones/all the damn tones you want....and I've only listened to recordings off the internet so perhaps thats not a great comparision, but it really does sound good, I could barely/not really tell the difference, I really want my AC30 back, but not the weight or the volume...
I'm still in Nagasaki, snowed in. Motorways and Airport shut. Trying again tomorrow...

Hi Simon
I pretty new here too, got my mk. II in December. I have been a tube amp aholic for over 40 years. Here's the deal..... Having the Axe is like having your own private high-end shop full of the best, most iconic, and most expensive amps in the world. Someone else lugs the gear around and puts it in front of you. All you have to do is plug in and dial to taste. I was impressed with many of the factory presets, but with a little bit of time and tweaking, I'm really happy. On Friday night I sold my Marshall dsl 2000 100W, and I find myself eyeing some nice boutique amps and seeing green. At this point, I just can't imagine going back to the way things were. There is a learning curve. You have to decide how you will amplify the results.... I think that decision probably accounts for the most variation in satisfaction. It will take some effort to get something uniquely you - but it's all there for the taking. Prepare to walk through a one-way door.

Thanks SJB. At the moment my home setup is a PC with an Akai EIO Pro with Genelec 8010s, which I suspect will get traded up to something bigger when I get going.
I used to play live all the time a decade ago but job, divorce etc got in the way. Now I'm getting back into guitar and music and may even get on a stage again...

Well that's awesome. Similar story here. I took a long performance hiatus while developing a career and having a divorce etc.... I got serious again about 6 years ago, and I wouldn't trade it - music gives me balance and sheds stress like no other activity. Welcome back. And that Axe is going to be a big inspiration.
Cheers!

Getting back out gigging is one of the best things you can do - I had an enforced 10 year break due to marriage, kids etc. then the subsequent divorce meant I was able to get back on the circuit.
Remember, in the Axe FX you have the best of reasons and the best of tools.

I'm another convert from the G System, couldn't be happier. Best choice I've ever made.

Simon

Back
Top Bottom