Newbie Question: How do you position the AxeFX on stage?

Mike Snider said:
Much like Scott- once i've done a sound check-axefx goes behind me somewhere out of the way. I usually put the front cover back on my 4 U case, keeps anything from hitting the face and I dont worry about it.

So you're plugging into rear input?

2HE rack bag. At the start I used stands. But nowadays I just put the rack bag on its back, front facing up, against a wall or something. I would never place it before me, like above the controller, too risky.

Muris_Varajic said:
[quote="Mike Snider":boot3oxq]Much like Scott- once i've done a sound check-axefx goes behind me somewhere out of the way. I usually put the front cover back on my 4 U case, keeps anything from hitting the face and I dont worry about it.

So you're plugging into rear input?[/quote:boot3oxq]

Is there anything wrong with plugging into the back of the AxeFX?

The manual says the front connector is "conditioned especially for electric guitar" and that using line level devices on the front input may cause "clipping of the input amplifier".

favance said:
I use one of these for the AXE-FX (in a 2-up rack box):
[url="http://accessories.musicians...cessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... sku=450568[/url]

I run a QSC K12 in front of me as a monitor and the MFC-101...works great and the FOH guy loves it because he can actually mix the band correctly.

Ditto. I typically run a poweramp/4x12 setup, so it's usually top of my cab - but the handful of times I ran direct to the board, it's on the Ultimate stand (which I've used for years with various combos). I've also placed it upright behind/next to me when I had the Axe in a Gator Rack bag, which has rubber feet on the back side.

Mike

luitanent_dan said:
The manual says the front connector is "conditioned especially for electric guitar" and that using line level devices on the front input may cause "clipping of the input amplifier".
What line level device are you connecting into the back panel ?? Wireless should go into the front input.

luitanent_dan said:
So I'm just wondering if its ok to plug in my guitar to to input at the back of the AxeFX?

Sure. You can tell the Axe-FX to assign the 'rear input' (d'oh!) on the "I/O" button menu.

luitanent_dan said:
So I'm just wondering if its ok to plug in my guitar to to input at the back of the AxeFX?
The inputs on the back are line level.

Back
Top Bottom