NEWBIE QUESTION: CAN'T GET MY AXE FX TO WORK WITH MY POWER AMP/CAB

evhfan

Hi guys, proud owner of a new Axe FX II XL. I finally got a power amp (Crown Drivecore XLS1000). I believe I have everything hooked up right...1/4" out from the Axe Fx to the XLR in of the power amp (CH1). Then the Speakon output (CH1) to the 1/4" jack of my cab. The power amp lights up when I play so i believe it's getting a signal...but nothing comes out of my cab...

any ideas? Is there a parameter in the Axe FX that I'm forgetting...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

If your power amp LEDs are coming on then it's somewhere between your power amp and your speakers. Check your power amp volume level, bad speaker cables, etc. Just start substituting each element in the chain. Is there a speaker fuse? I've had power amps that have a "reset" switch on the back. Is there a switch that switches between the output ports or the input ports. (ie. 1/4 in vs. xlr)

Last edited:
Speakon connectors could be wired wrong. Pretty easy to get mixed up when putting those together.

Try plugging some headphones into the Axe just to rule out where the problem might lay

Make sure the digital settings of the power amp are set correct - like not being set to X-over mode, that's the usual one.

can you explain more? did you have it coming from Output 2 jacks and didn't turn up that volume on the front panel? if so, i wish you specified you were using Out 2 in the first post :)

No, I specified that I was using Output 1...my buddy who knows about power amps said to switch everything to output2 cause maybe it's "crossed over"...idk...anyway, I switched everything to Output2 and it worked...I just moved the cables from Output 1 to 2...all the volumes were up at noon...even output 2's when this didn't work

I switched to output2 of the crown...just moved the speakon cable fro ou1 to out2...nothing else was changed...and it worked...

cool. the amp is probably set for Crossover as i mentioned earlier. you may want to figure that out eventually, as you may be limiting the power available at the Crown amp's Out 2. perhaps Out 1 was working that whole time, but it was only producing low frequencies due to the crossover, therefore you didn't really hear it?

Back
Top Bottom