New XiTone cab

Thought I'd post a few pics of my new powered XiTone cab. I've been mostly playing my AFX II through a traditional power amp and cab, but wanting to try the FRFR setup for a while now. Took the plunge and was not disappointed. It looks and sounds amazing. Haven't enjoyed my AFX this much in a long time, trying out a bunch of amp/cab combinations and it's very much like having the real thing in the room.

Mick was great to work with - give him a call or send a note. This was a little bit custom with the built-in 2U rack, salt & pepper grille, and white piping. I think he's done a number of these now and it really looks nice compared to some of the alternatives. I like it so much that I just ordered a 2nd one exactly like this one, and I expect the stereo experience will be great.

BBB787B0-33C7-4A20-8886-105314E8F980_zpsdyd2ha1x.jpg

821F445F-4A22-4DAD-8A8B-7D43B97C4BFF_zpsbodvurlb.jpg

AB31459E-015B-4993-8CCE-7EABB0FC18FA_zps5mzbm9d8.jpg

Back photo?
I have a 212 passive cab from XiTone and I couldn't be more thrilled. After a solid year of gigging, rehearsing, and recording my Xitone cab is still pushing as though it were brand new. I couldn't be happier..

I don't have a weight scale at home, so can't really tell you what it weighs. But it's built solid and it's heavy with the speakers, matrix amp, racked AFX, etc. Mine has recessed handles on the side, but you could put a handle on top if you prefer. I also had Mick install casters, which can removed. I think he can do a kickstand to tilt as well. And your choice on the grill and piping.

Xitone is looking better and better. What are the dimensions. Does yours just have one speaker?

I'm in the cabinet market myself. I just got my Matrix GT1000 yesterday and trying it out with my Vox AC30 cab. So far I am really liking it.

I might do a hybrid.....one FRFR and one Port City 1x12 cab. Not sure yet.

20.5" tall (not including casters), 21" wide & 15.25" deep. I believe it has both a driver and a tweeter, as most FRFR setups use to capture the full range. Mick can confirm if you ask him. I personally treat it as a black box, and have been trying out all the included Fractal cabinet models. When I try a new cab, I just close my eyes to remove the visual of this little black box.

Haven't tried any of the 3rd party cabinet libraries yet. Would love to hear some recommendations on those. I lean towards vintage Fender and Marshall amp styles. I wonder if there are significant differences in the 3rd party collections?

I do have a Matrix amp as well and their NL212 cab. Great stuff, and I had used that with my Fractal setup for a while. I'm just really enjoying the FRFR scenario myself, though I have followed the debates on this topic.

A hybrid setup might be nice. I'm going for stereo, and so I want two of the same cab setup coming out of my AFX. Not sure if that would really matter, but I'm a little OCD about it.

Xitone is looking better and better. What are the dimensions. Does yours just have one speaker?

I'm in the cabinet market myself. I just got my Matrix GT1000 yesterday and trying it out with my Vox AC30 cab. So far I am really liking it.

I might do a hybrid.....one FRFR and one Port City 1x12 cab. Not sure yet.
Consider having Mick make you a hybrid! My 212 Xitone cab is switchable between FRFR and reg/cab. I can switch the left speaker, right speaker, or both! There's also a switch for a 3db pad for the tweeter... I also had him install a RJM switcher that allows me to switch FRFR on and off via midi (mfc-101). I use this switching capability for solos. You really notice it in a live situation, it sounds like another amp just got turned on! And is a really effective way to have my solos stick out during a show without increasing volume...

Back
Top Bottom