New Wall Wart needed. Quick.

Hi all. I have the MFC, and I power it via 7-pin MIDI cable. The wall wart power adaptor which shipped with the MFC (very flimsy, btw) is getting pretty beat up after regular gigging. I need a new one, but I can't find one at the Fractal Store, and the manual explicitly says that we should only use the supplied adaptor.
I have to get a replacement.
Fractal... What say you? Suggestions?
Thanks.
Cheers,
Chris

Just google "site:fractalaudio.com MFC adapter" and you will get a bunch of hits on requirements, think there is a post where the exact model is listed. Anyhow, if in a real bind I've used a universal adapter ( do so at own risk ) but nothing magic there. Keep in mind in a pinch if have axe-fx II, Ethernet would work fine until you get your new adapter.

is getting pretty beat up after regular gigging.

may i ask why it's getting beat up? do you have the adaptor plugged into the MFC itself, or the Axe-FX and having the 7-pin cable power the MFC?

when i do the 2nd method i described, the adaptor stays in my rack pretty much untouched.

may i ask why it's getting beat up? do you have the adaptor plugged into the MFC itself, or the Axe-FX and having the 7-pin cable power the MFC?

when i do the 2nd method i described, the adaptor stays in my rack pretty much untouched.
It's plugged into the Axe FX with 7 pin MIDI powering the MFC. But my Axe FX is the only thing in the rack, so I need to plug and unplug on a nightly basis.

I cut up a power cord, wired the smallest surface mount wall socket I could find in between and screwed that into the side of my rackbag. That's where the footcontroller ps now lives. But I gather the US (and UK especially) have quite larger wall sockets than us efficient continental Europeans...

Then again I specifically bought the deepest rackbag available, so I could do that. Anything smaller won't fit.

It's plugged into the Axe FX with 7 pin MIDI powering the MFC. But my Axe FX is the only thing in the rack, so I need to plug and unplug on a nightly basis.

Ahh I see. Maybe put a small multi power thing so you can leave it in there and plugged in?

Back
Top Bottom